You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1940-1949
[A 1949 Mercury]

[A 1949 Mercury]

Date: 1949
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Illustrated here is a photograph of a 1949 Mercury that was owned by A.F.Weaver, Jr. when he sold Crazy Water Crystals after World War II in the Houston and New Orleans areas. (Mr. Weaver's father moved to Mineral Wells in the 1930's to manage the Crazy Water Company's operations. Art, Jr. became a salesman for Crazy Water Crystals following World War II.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Camp Wolters - Texas

Camp Wolters - Texas

Date: 1945
Creator: Camp Wolters Studio
Description: Illustrated here is a panoramic view of Camp Wolters, Texas. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Area No. 4, Sports Arena, Service Club, Area No. 5, Area No. 3, Area No. 2, and Area No.1. Platoons of soldiers are marching on the left side of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lake Mineral Wells]

[Lake Mineral Wells]

Date: 1941?
Creator: Clarence Winfield Simonds
Description: This is a view from a spot near the dam looking across the lake to Ed Dismuke's Famous Water Company, where mineral water was piped to his drinking pavilion on NW 3rd Street. It was here also, that the Famous crystallizing plant, where "Pronto Lax" crystals were made, was located. Lake Pinto supplied water to the City of Mineral Wells from the time of its creation in 1902, until Rock Creek was dammed to form Lake Mineral Wells in Parker County in 1918, and completed in September of 1920. This photograph is taken from one of 17 (4X4) negatives in an envelope from Charles W. Simonds, addressed to A.F. Weaver Photography, and postmarked "Aug. 4, 1975."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Last Days of Camp Wolters, 15 August 1946

The Last Days of Camp Wolters, 15 August 1946

Date: August 15, 1946
Creator: Coing, Edward E.
Description: This pamphlet describes the last eight months of Camp Wolters, during which time it was closed down, and its personnel were transferred to positions in other places. The notation "CW 41-46 (7)" invites interpretation.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Firing and Deflection Conversion Tables]

[Firing and Deflection Conversion Tables]

Date: November 1, 1940
Creator: United States. Army. Ordnance Dept.
Description: This document (FT 81 B3, abridged) consists of two pages, each with a separate table. The first table is a chart that shows range and elevation for firing particular mortar shells. The second page includes a chart with range and deflection (presumably for the same kind of shells), as well as notes which give additional instructions. The significance of the notation "CW 41-46 (11)" in the upper right-hand corner remains unknown.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Sunshine Special]

[The Sunshine Special]

Date: 1940
Creator: Weaver, A.F.
Description: A locomotive engine pulls the Texas & Pacific "Red Eye" passenger train, named The Sunshine Special. These business-friendly trains were scheduled to arrive in the Dallas/Ft Worth area at about 9 AM from both the east and the west. This picture was taken by A.F. Weaver at Millsap, Texas in 1940. It was published in the Rotogravure section of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. The 700- (714-) series engine shown was replaced a few years later by larger, more powerful Series 600 engines capable of greater speed.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Baker Hotel at Night]

[The Baker Hotel at Night]

Date: 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: [Baker Hotel at Night. Cars parked on street. Wind blows through trees.] Legend: Photo & colorized by A. F. Weaver 1940
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Building of Fort Wolters]

[The Building of Fort Wolters]

Date: 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: An automobile--presumably of the late 1930's--is parked by a building in the process of being built. Workmen may be seen at the site. A legend under the original reads: "Buildings seem to literally spring from the earth when the construction of the then Camp Wolters began in November, 1940. The camp was completed in less than four months and became the nation's largest infantry Replacement Training Center. Construction cost was approximately $14,200,000."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Crazy Bottling Plant]

[The Crazy Bottling Plant]

Date: 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: The Crazy Water Bottling Plant and Crazy Water Tower are shown here. The plant was built in 1919 at a cost of $85,000, and is located at 300 NW 7th Street. The location was once the original site of the Sangcura-Sprudel Wells Pavilion. The Sangcura-Sprudel Pavilion was moved and converted into a rooming house, which burned in 1973. Notice the home in the background. The date on back of photograph is given as 1940.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Crazy Crystal Bottling Plant]

[The Crazy Crystal Bottling Plant]

Date: 1940?
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture of the interior of the Crazy Bottling Plant, ladies are shown bottling Crazy Fiz, a copyrighted beverage created by infusing cooled mineral water with carbon dioxide. The men shown here appear to be checking the process in preparation for the bottling of the Crazy Fiz, while the ladies bottle and crate the finished product for shipment. Note the plant's scrupulous cleanliness, and the fact that all employees are dressed in white.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST