You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 5 of 11:   Looking Northeast.]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 5 of 11: Looking Northeast.]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The church building, shown here as being demolished, was built in 1920; and was replaced in 1967 by the present church building. It is the third Baptist church built on this site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 6 0f 11:  Frame ]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 6 0f 11: Frame ]

Date: unknown
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second home of the congregation of the First Baptist Church was built in 1920; and used until 1967, at which time it was demolished. The current First Baptist Church is the third one built in the same location. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 7 of 11:   Frame and Rubble]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 7 of 11: Frame and Rubble]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The First Baptist Church's second building was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was demolished to build the third, and current, church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 8 of 11:   Frame of Building]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 8 of 11: Frame of Building]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second building of the First Baptist Church was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was then demolished to build the third and current church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 10 of 11:   Frame and Rubble]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 10 of 11: Frame and Rubble]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second First Baptist Church building was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was demolished to build the third and current church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 11 of 11:   Partially Demolished]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 11 of 11: Partially Demolished]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second First Baptist Church building was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was demolished to build the third and current church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The East Side of the (Third) First Presbyterian Church Building]

[The East Side of the (Third) First Presbyterian Church Building]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture shows the back (east) side of the third First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, Texas. It features an arched window, and (presumably) the dedicatory cornerstone. Due to structural damage, this building was torn down in the 1980's, and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church - the third building at 300 NW 4th Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Christian Church]

[First Christian Church]

Date: July 27, 1964
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Typed on the back photograph is: THIS PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY A.F. WEAVER 1901 N. W. 6TH AVE. MINERAL WELLS, TEXAS DATE JUL 27, 1964. It is a view of the limestone church occupying the site of the former Gibson Well Park and Pavilion. Some of the rock used in this church came from owners of the historic Rock Pens on Dillingham Prairie.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Christian Church]

[First Christian Church]

Date: July 27, 1964
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: On the back of photograph is typed: THIS PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY, A. F. WEAVER 1901 N. W. 6TH AVENUE MINERAL WELLS TEXAS DATE JUL 27 1964. First Christian church occupies the site of the former Gibson Well Park and Pavilion in the 700 block of NW 2nd Avenue (the address on the photograph was A.F. Weaver's home.) Some of the limestone used to build the church was donated by latter-day owners of the historic Rock Pens on Dillingham Prairie, where the first meeting of the Northwest Texas Cattle Raisers' Association was held in 1876. Oliver Loving's son, J.C. Loving, wrote a letter to northwest Texas ranchers after the meeting, inviting them to meet the following February in Graham, where the Association was organized. C.C. Slaughter, once the richest man in Texas, owned the Rock Pens at the time of the Stock Raisers' meeting.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13:   Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the first in a series of pictures of architectural details that was taken prior to demolition of the Presbyterian church of Mineral Wells. The first church in Mineral Wells built by the Presbyterians in 1883 was located at the southwest corner of what is now the Crazy Hotel block. The early church served both the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, and was sold to the Baptist congregation. The First Presbyterian Church was built at 300 NW 4th Avenue in 1896, and burned in 1908 This domed structure replaced it. This picture shows the front entrance to the Sanctuary of this second First Presbyterian Church in Mineral Wells, Texas, built in 1909, at this location. This picturesque building survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed the two-by-three city block area surrounding it. The building suffered serious structural deterioration to its foundation, and was replaced in the the 1980's by a more modern structure.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library