You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1980-1989
[Downtown Mineral Wells, 3 of 3:  The 100 Block]

[Downtown Mineral Wells, 3 of 3: The 100 Block]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows downtown Mineral Wells. The dominant building is Mineral Wells Office Supply (formerly Lattner Funeral Home), followed by R.P.'s Western Outlet; next door: Jann's Boutique; next, Jann's Fashions. Next is Hill's Style Shoppe.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934

The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934

Date: June 28, 1984
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture reproduces a newspaper clipping that reports the fiftieth reunion of the 1934 class from Mineral Wells High School. It was published in the Mineral Wells Index on June 28, 1984.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The First Presbyterian Church]

[The First Presbyterian Church]

Date: 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is the south side of the third First Presbyterian Church building, at 300 NW 4th Ave., and the second one at this site. Due to structural damage to the foundation, the building was torn down during the 1980's and replaced with the fourth First Presbyterian Church building - the third at this location. The building reflects an eclectic architecture, principally in Neo-classic style.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First State Bank and The Gentlemen's Closet]

[First State Bank and The Gentlemen's Closet]

Date: 1989?
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph has been tentatively dated to the 1980's. Notice the mailbox at the corner--a rarity in Mineral Wells at the present [2013] time. The street appears to be devoid of markings, but traffic bumps are visible--a provision no longer [2013] in effect for this street. The picture shows the First State Bank, which began business at the southwest corner of the 100 block of East Hubbard with a drive-in teller and parking lot at the back of the bank. The First State Bank president was Leon Cowan; vice-presidents were Tony Street and Leon Groves. The First State Bank occupied the northeast corner of N. Oak Avenue and E. Hubbard Streets after The City National Bank (now First Financial Bank) moved from here to its current [2008] location at 1900 W. Hubbard Street. First State Bank is now [2008] located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The building now [2013] houses the offices for the Mineral Wells Hospice. The Gentleman's Closet, next door, was a man's haberdashery. It was a remodeled store that had been occupied by a number of previous businesses. It is presently [2013] vacant.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph of Lynch Plaza and The First State Bank (now Home Health in 2008) was taken from the 100 block of South Oak Street. The Gentleman's Closet is next to the bank (The store is vacant as of 2008). The Baker Hotel can be seen above Lynch Plaza, at the corner of E. Hubbard and S. Oak Streets.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza, 2 of 3, Different View]

[Lynch Plaza, 2 of 3, Different View]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza 3 of 3]

[Lynch Plaza 3 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Lynch Plaza, in the center of this picture, is located on the corner of North Oak and East Hubbard Streets. This structure, originally called the Firstron Building, replaced the First National Bank at this location. The bank was located in the northwest corner of the Oxford Hotel. The hotel building, including the bank, was destroyed by fire in 1983.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building,  Parking Lot ]

[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building, Parking Lot ]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: A parking lot for Lynch Plaza and the Martin Building is located at the corner of West Hubbard Street and SE 1st Avenue. The Berry and Associates Building is visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The First State Bank stands at this location as of 2008.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The Savings and Loan building, in this 1988 view (looking south down SE 1st Avenue), is in the left foreground on the southeast corner of Hubbard and 1st Avenue. Across SE 1st Avenue (to the right and west of the Savings and Loan) is the parking lot for Lynch Plaza. In the background, the next street south is SE 1st Street. The Dollar General store occupies the former Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the southeast corner of this next block (near the center of the picture), where Mineral Wells' first Post Office once stood. The Savings and Loan building was eventually torn down, and the First State Bank is now [2008] at this location.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library