You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Results 1001 - 1010 of 1,269
  |   |  
[View from NW Mountain looking East]

[View from NW Mountain looking East]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: View from NW mountain looking East. The North Oak Community center is visible.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells]

[A View of Mineral Wells]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A set of buildings is shown here. The only buildings that have been identified with confidence are the Crazy Water Hotel, and the Nazareth Hospital, both at the right. The Baker occupies a small position on the extreme right.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells] 1886

[A View of Mineral Wells] 1886

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An oval inset of Mineral Wells as it appeared in 1886. The photograph on which it is overlaid was made in approximately 1925. Above, and right of the overlay, is the Lamar Bath House and Hotel complex, the current site of the Baker Hotel. An incomplete text under the picture compares Mineral Wells to other worldwide mineral water resort cities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells, Before the Building of the Baker Hotel]

[A View of Mineral Wells, Before the Building of the Baker Hotel]

Date: November 27, 2006
Creator: unknown
Description: A view of Mineral Wells from West Mountain, taken before the Baker Hotel was built. The picture therefore predates 1929. Just to the left of the upper center is the Hexagon Hotel. To the right of that, almost at the upper center, is the Standard Well and Amusement Park. On top of the hill are homes on what is now Northeast 4th Avenue. Some of these houses (especially the one with columns) are still in existence today [2009]. At the southern base of the hill, the house which Mr. Pratt restored in 2006-7 can be seen next to the Sanatorium. The Hexagon Hotel and the Standard Well no longer exist.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells from East Mountain]

[A View of Mineral Wells from East Mountain]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a view of Mineral Wells, taken from East Mountain, looking southwest. Poston Dry Goods (now [2008]the Palo Pinto County Courthouse annex)is shown in the left foreground); the First Baptist Church (upper right); the Dr. A.W. Thompson residence in middle foreground, with Mineral Wells Sanatorium to its right (west).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells from East Mountain]

[A View of Mineral Wells from East Mountain]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A view of Mineral Wells from East Mountain looking west along NW 3rd Street is shown here. Visible landmarks include: The first Crazy Water Hotel, (built in two sections in 1911 and 1912) with its common lobby entrance on NW 3rd Street; the U.S. Post Office in the left foreground; the first Roman Catholic Church on the side of West Mountain at NW 3rd Street; Mineral Wells High School; West Ward School in the gap between West and South Mountains; and the Presbyterian Church on NW 2nd Street, one block northeast of West Ward School.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of the Baker Hotel]

[A View of the Baker Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is yet another view of the Baker Hotel in its days of glory.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Visitors Arriving in Our City

Visitors Arriving in Our City

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The boy shown near the center of the picture is 10-year-old George Calvin Hazelwood, who was a newsboy at the time. The man beside the boy is Louis Farris, who worked for the Hazelwood and C. W. Massie families of Palo Pinto. They are meeting the train to pick up the daily newspapers in 1920. The crowd is typical of the week-end visitors arriving from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. The Weatherford, Mineral Wells & Northwestern Railway Company reported 190,210 passengers for the year 1920. (This information came from page 92 of Art Weaver's "Time Was in Mineral Wells.")
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[W. W. Howard's Hardware Store]

[W. W. Howard's Hardware Store]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Howard Hardware store was once located at 101 E. Hubbard Street. The hanging electric lights, the tea table to the left, the double row of "air-tight" stoves ranks down the center aisle all strongly suggest that the photograph was taken in the early twentieth century. The dimness of the store makes discerning further items on sale difficult. Persons identified in picture are: Helin Howard, Flora Howard, A. L. Howard and one unidentified person.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Wagley Bath House]

[The Wagley Bath House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Wagley Mineral Baths, formerly known as the Bimini Bath House, was located at 114 NW 4th Street, the N.E. corner of NW 1st Avenue and NW 4th Street. It was constructed by Goodrum, Murphy and Croft. It was still standing in 1974, when A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells" was first published. An early picture of the building appears on page 129 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells." It was demolished in the late 1980's or early 1990's.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library