You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1970-1979
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 5 of 8, Mr. & Mrs. Jack Dickens purchased 1st Book]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 5 of 8, Mr. & Mrs. Jack Dickens purchased 1st Book]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first Edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells," by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." Pictured here are auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, and successful bidders on Copy No. 1: Mr. and Mrs. Jack Dickens. The author, A.F. Weaver, stands in the background, and Mrs. Bea Harris is in the corner to the right of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 6 of 8, Community Leaders]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 6 of 8, Community Leaders]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of the first ten numbered copies of the First Edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells...", was held in the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." The auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, stands with Mayor H. Arthur Zappe, successful bidder for copy Number 2 in this picture. Author A. F. Weaver stands to the rear of Reverend Mr. Moore and Mayor Zappe. Banker Frost Bowman, successful bidder for Copy Number 4, is in the corner at right of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 7 of 8, Jack Dickens and Unknown Man Displaying Their Books]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 7 of 8, Jack Dickens and Unknown Man Displaying Their Books]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells," by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells..." by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." This picture shows the auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, with the autographed Copy Number 1. Author A.F. Weaver looks on in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The TIME WAS Book Auction]

[The TIME WAS Book Auction]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of first edition of "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells..." The men in picture were: (left to right) the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, auctioneer; Art Weaver, author; H. Arthur Zappe, DDS, Mayor of Mineral Wells; and Frost Bowman, Banker. The Reverend Mr. Moore was pastor of the First Baptist Church at the time. Mr. Weaver was a photographer, and the first president of the Mineral Wells Heritage Association. Dr. Zappe was a dentist, and Mr. Bowman was a Director of Mineral Wells Heritage Association.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Palo Pinto Advance-Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. 10, No. 71, Ed. 1 Thursday, October 9, 1975

Palo Pinto Advance-Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. 10, No. 71, Ed. 1 Thursday, October 9, 1975

Date: October 9, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 1 of 21, Dec. 22, 1975]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 1 of 21, Dec. 22, 1975]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: A fire destroyed the Damron Hotel, December 22, 1975. The hotel was located at 109 West Hubbard Street, facing north, before the unfortunate conflagration. The fire also destroyed Davidson Hardware, located in the same block.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 2 of 21:   View South/Southeast ]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 2 of 21: View South/Southeast ]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The Colonial Hotel was built in 1906 by Mr. J. T. Holt for his second wife. Mr. Holt also owned a hardware store on S. Oak at the back of the hotel. The name of the hotel was changed to The Damron Hotel around 1917 when Mr. Holt traded it to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch. A hardware store, hard by, was sold to Mr. Holt's manager, John Davidson. The Damron Hotel, located at 109 W. Hubbbard Street, along with Davidson Hardware, burned completely on December 22, 1975. Please note the Christmas decoration, symbol of the season, on the telephone pole above the fire truck. The main entrance to the hotel is faintly visible through the dense smoke to the rear of the fire truck. The Crazy Hotel can be seen at the lower left edge of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 3 of 21:   Baker Hotel in Background]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 3 of 21: Baker Hotel in Background]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The Damron Hotel (very popular in the resort city of Mineral Wells through the periods of the Roaring Twenties, The Great Depression and World War II) was originally built as The Colonial Hotel in 1906 by J.T. Holt. Mr. Holt also owned a hardware store at the back of the hotel facing S. Oak Ave. The hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron around 1917 in exchange for a ranch, and the name was changed to reflect the new ownership. Mr. Holt sold the hardware store to his manager, John Davidson. The Damron Hotel and Davidson Hardware burned completely on December 22, 1975. This picture of the fire was taken looking east on Hubbard Street. The Baker Hotel in the left middle of the photograph is to the north of most of the smoke.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 5 of 21:   View from the Rear of the Building]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 5 of 21: View from the Rear of the Building]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The Damron Hotel was built in 1906 as the Colonial Hotel by J. T. Holt. It was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in 1917 in exchange for a ranch, and the name was changed to reflect the new ownership. Formerly located at 109 W. Hubbard Street, the hotel burned completely on December 22, 1975 in a spectacular fire that was extensively photographed. Shown here is one of many views of the fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library