You limited your search to:
Boyce Ditto Public Library
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 6: Civilian Personnel
This volume consists of photographs of civilian employees at Fort Wolters, with a few of their biographies. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24850/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 7: Heliports, Stagefields, Directory
This volume consists of photographs and diagrams of stage fields such as Sundance, Mustang, Rawhide, Da Nang, Phu Loi, Soc Trang, and many others. The U.S. Army Primary Helicopter School utilized approximately 1,350 square miles of airspace. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24849/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 8: Southern Airways Company, Southern Airways of Texas
This volume details the role that the Southern Airways Company played in their contracts for Fort Wolters from 1956-1968. The volume includes biographies of key administrators of Southern Airways, a list of employees, a list of reunion attendees, and a time-line of key events. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25116/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 9: Athletic Awards
This volume includes photographs showing personnel receiving trophies and other recognition for sports activities at the base, such as basketball, golf, softball, bowling, and other sports. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25115/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 10: Primary Helicopter School Training Curriculum for Officers and Candidates
This volume details the curriculum at the U.S. Army Primary Helicopter Training School. It includes a chart of training concepts, a school brigade organizational chart, and a description of the 16-week training course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25114/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 11: 864 Engineer Battalion, Special Category Army and Air Force
This volume includes a history of Special Category Army with Air Force at Fort Wolters, and includes many photographs of the 864th Engineer Battalion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25113/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 12: U.S. Army Security Agencies
This volume includes many photographs of personnel of the 316th, 303rd, 330th, and 311th Army Security Agency Battalions. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25112/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 13: Police, Fire, Training Aids, Band, Weather Squadron, Recreation, Prisoner of War Camp, Nike, Camp Wolters Enterprise, Parks
This volume includes a brief history (and many photographs) of Fort Wolters' 84th Military Police Detachment, Fire Department, Training Aids, 328th Army Band, Weather Squadron, Recreation, Prisoner of War Camp 1943-1945, Nike, Camp Wolters Enterprise, and Parks. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25111/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 14: Officer Wives Club and NCO Wives Club Activities
This volume includes many photographs of the activities of the Fort Wolters' Officers' Wives Club, NCO Wives Club, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, and Teen Club. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25110/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 15: U.S. Army Hospital, Army Nurses, Beach Army Hospital, American Red Cross, Grey Ladies, Red Cross Volunteers, Dental Clinic
This volume includes photographs of the U.S. Army Hospital, Army Nurses, the Beach Army Hospital, the American Red Cross, the Grey Ladies, Red Cross Volunteers, and the Dental Clinic. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34984/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 16: Historic
This volume includes photographs of local citizens, pictures of the Possum Kingdom dam, and a record of a visit to the Fort from [then] Senator Lyndon B. Johnson. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34983/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 17: Aircraft Airports
This volume includes photographs of the Mineral Wells Municipal Airport, maps, illustrations of aircraft, and articles on the Whirlybird, the Bell H-13 Helicopter, the OH-23 Raven the H-23D, the TH-55A Osage and the Hover Simulator. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34982/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 18: Awards for Best Mess Halls, Most Reenlistments, and Best Drivers
This volume includes photographs of personnel being honored for Best Mess Halls, Most Re-enlistments, and Best Drivers. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34981/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 19: Foreign Students
This volume features photographs of foreign military students attending the U.S. Army Primary Helicopter Training School. Students came from Australia, United Kingdom, Burma, Chile, France, Germany, Guatemala, Indonesia, Iran, Italy, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Pakistan, Peru, Turkey, and Vietnam. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34985/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 20: 697th Engineer Company, U.S. Army Reserve Units, 355th Engineer Battalion, 931st Engineer Group, 362nd Civil Affairs Units
This volume features the following: The 697th Engineer Company, U.S. Army Reserve Units, the 355th Engineer Battalion, the 931st Engineer Group and the 362nd Civil Affairs Units. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34980/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 21: Visitors
This volume includes photographs of visitors to Fort Wolters. Images include Dwight D. Eisenhower, Lyndon B. Johnson, several generals, and assorted dignitaries. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34979/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 22: Enlisted Photos
This volume contains photographs of enlisted personnel. It features ceremonies, promotions, and awards. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34978/
- Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 23: Miscellaneous
This volume includes photographs of ceremonies, cake cuttings, recreational events, holidays, and other activities. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34977/
- The Piedmont Hotel
The Piedmont Hotel, located on NE 2nd Avenue and East Hubbard Street, was demolished to make room for the Baker Hotel Garage. Before its destruction, it was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20291/
- The Piedmont Hotel [The First Piedmont Hotel]
A picture (perhaps an early photograph) of the first Piedmont Hotel,where the Baker Hotel Garage is presently . It was built by a colonel R.W. Duke of Weatherford, Texas He purchased the block and built this frame hotel. Later on, a large brick building was put in its place.This photograph appears on page 104 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells," Second Edition, 1988. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20292/
- Piedmont Hotel - [The First Piedmont With Numerous Individuals on Porches]
The First Piedmont Hotel. This photograph was probably taken in the early twentieth century, judging by the attire of the men photographed. The photograph appears on page 104 of "Time Was...", Second Edition. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20286/
- Piedmont Hotel - [The Second Piedmont Hotel]
This photograph occurs on page 104 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells" (first edition) by A. F. Weaver. The caption reads: "The Second Piedmont Hotel located on 2nd Avenue [sic] and East Hubbard was demolished to give room for the Baker Hotel Garage. It was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam."
This hotel was probably located on the same site as the first Piedmont Hotel, which was built by a Colonel Duke of Weatherford, Texas, (a two story wooden structure) a picture of which is also on page 104 of the same edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20228/
- [A Play Day at Elmhurst Park]
Girls are shown playing a basketball game in Mineral Wells' Elmhurst Park, about 1910. The scene catches a "Jump Ball" during progress of the game. Please note the women's uniforms, and also the enthusiastic crowd. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16316/
- ["The Play Place of The South"]
An avioculum (bird's eye-view) of Mineral Wells, Texas, taken from East mountain and looking west-southwest. In the middle foreground are: The Crazy Flats and the third Crazy Water Drinking Pavilion. The "Crazy" Businesses burned in 1925, and the present hotel that replaced them covers the entire city block. It has since been converted  to a Retirement Home. Visible also are the First Presbyterian Church, which was erected in 1909; and the Old High School, erected in 1915. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16228/
- [A Portrait Presentation at KORC]
Mrs. Jess (Ruby) Shattles presents a photographic picture of Achilles Corcanges, founder and owner of radio station KORC in Mineral Wells to the same Mr. Corcanges.
Mrs. Shattles owned and operated Pavilion Studio at 412 N. Oak Avenue. The picture was taken about 1946, when station KORC opened. The unidentified gentleman, with his back to the photographer,on the left is believed to be Mr. Shattles. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16270/
- Post Offfice, Mineral Wells, Texas, 1930 (?)
This building once housed the third Post Office in Mineral Wells. The body of the photograph is marked POST OFFICE MINERAL WELLS, TEXAS 1936. Please observe the automobiles parked in front, on the sloping street. It was the issue of insufficient parking that caused the Post Office to move. The building presently  houses the Women's Club. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39194/
- [Poston's Dry Goods, 10 of 15: Inside View of Store]
A photograph of Will Poston and a cashier inside Poston Dry Goods store, 107 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. [Will Poston is in cashier's/accountant's office. The cashier is preparing to pull a cord to set the cash trolley system in motion Piles of trousers take up the foreground]
A central cashier's stand was what is now known as "state of the art" near the middle of twentieth century. This one was located in a corner of the mens' trousers department. The historic Poston store is now a Mineral Wells annex of the Palo Pinto County courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29922/
- [The Presbyterian Church: First Building]
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth60896/
- [The R. B. Preston Building]
Written on back of the photograph is: "R.B. Preston Building[,] Corner of Mesquite & Wall." A 1909 City Directory lists the address of the Preston Building as 110-116 North Mesquite, currently the location of the Baker Hotel, built at this location in 1929.
The back of a duplicate picture indicates that the building was the Masonic Building; the 1909 directory lists the Masonic Hall at 113 S. Mesquite--the next block south. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20299/
- [A Railroad Engine]
This picture illustrates engine Number 5 of the Weatherford, Mineral Wells and Northwestern Railroad in action. Please observe the unusually small cowcatcher and the lack of a visible whistle atop the steam dome. Further information about it may be found in Weaver's "Time Was in Mineral Wells", second edition, on page 91. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20349/
- The Raines Building, Mineral Wells
The Raines Building located at 101 N.E. 1st Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, was once a drug store, then a department store, later Pemberton's Appliance Store; in 1975 it was Calhoun Furniture Company and in 2008 is the home of Downtown Video. This photograph is found on page 126 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. Note the clothing of the people, the absence of any traffic, and the bunting on the building. A legend in white ink on the lower left-hand corner of the photograph reads: Texas Trade Review." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39216/
- [The Ray Hamilton Home - 1016 SW 7th Avenue]
The Ray Hamilton Home at 1016 SW 7th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. The style is Queen Anne, free classic. Please note the inset arches and the Palladian windows. The style was popular around the turn of the twentieth century. The house shows very slight evidence of remodeling. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16155/
- Remember the Good Old Times Back in 1906-1907 [Newspaper Article]
A "Mineral Wells Index" newspaper article, dated 1933, it is titled: "Remember the Good Old Days Back in 1906-1907", showing two views of Elmhurst Park. One view shows an automobile and streetcar at the entrance; and the other shows the casino located in the park, with the lake in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16310/
- The Right Ticket
An old advertisement for Mineral Wells, touting the "pleasures" to be had in the city. The lady's crown displays the legend "Health & Pleasure." The "Pleasures" obtainable in the city need not be discussed, as they are plainly describedd in the picture, which may be found on page 91 of the second edition of A. F. Weaver's book, "Time Was..." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20347/
- [A Rock Outcrop on Mineral Wells "Mountain"]
A rock outcrop, and vegetation typical of the hills (local custom calls them "Mountains") in Mineral Wells. Some of the houses of the town can be seen through the bushes.
This photograph is one of 17 negatives that were in an envelope from Charles W. Simonds (Route 5, Box 43, Norman, Oklahoma, 73069), addressed to A.F. Weaver Photography and postmarked Aug. 4, 1975. Some telephone numbers and "Father - C.W. Simonds (Clarence Winfield)" were also on the envelope. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20379/
- [The Rock School Bell]
The "Little Rock School" was Mineral Wells' first public school, built in 1884. The school bell, mounted in a bell tower atop the building, called students to class by ringing 10 minutes before school time; and again at the beginning of the class period. It is now currently on display at the Little Rock School Museum, dedicated to preserving the history of Mineral Wells.
This picture is found on page 172 of A. F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", First Edition, with a notation: "The original bell for the old 'Rock School' was found years later in the water department warehouse. R. L. (Pete) Cook is on the left and Derrell Stricklin is on the right." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20258/
- Roundtree Sanitarium
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth60913/
- [Sam Whatley & Mr. & Mrs. Evans Holland ]
Sam Whatley (left), representing Young Motor Company, presents a check to Mr. & Mrs. Evans Holland (right) for the winning slogan, "Cadillac Every Time for Better Motor Service." Sam was service manager for the motor company, located at 316 East Hubbard Street.
The picture is featured in "Time Once was in Mineral Wells" on page 185. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39187/
- [Sam Whatley Presenting Check to Slogan Contest Winner]
Sam Whatley (dressed in a Cadillac uniform), the Service Manager for the Young Motor Company (a local Cadillac dealership), presents a check to Mr. and Mrs. Evans Holland, winners of a slogan contest. The winning slogan was "Cadillac every time for better motor service."
The microphone above them is labeled as belonging to station KORC, which opened December 5, 1946. It changed its name to KJSA in 1983, when the station was sold to Jerry Snyder.
A colophon on the lower right identifies "SW Photo" as the photographer.
(The picture occurs on page 185 of TIME WAS, second edition.) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16262/
- [The Sangcura-Sprudel Well Building Fire]
The original Sangcura Sprudel Company was located at 800 NW 2nd Avenue. The original building was built by George McAtee. It was sold to Bert Gibson of Gibson Wells Water Company in 1908, and later passed into the possession of the Crazy Well Water Company.
It maintained a large pavilion, dance hall and skating rink for several seasons. It--evidently just the house portion--was later moved to 314 N.W. 5th Street. The porches were enclosed, and it was converted into a rooming house.
The building burned on December 5, 1973, five minutes before the annual Christmas Parade in Mineral Wells. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20334/
The Mineral Wells Sanitarium was located at 315 NW 1st Avenue. , It was listed in 1907 as being leased by Doctors J.M. Massie, and R. G. Beaswell. It was later owned and operated by B.H. Milling before he built the Milling Sanitarium. The building was torn down and replaced by Willimann's Pharmacy. Currently  the Woodsmen of the World club resides at this location. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth60880/
- [The Second Post Office]
This picture illustrates the building that housed the second Post Office in Mineral Wells. It was located at 2310 SE 1st Avenue. Note the men: Four of them are in shirt-sleeves, and two are properly dressed (for the era) in jackets. None exhibit the "Cowboy" image of the nineteenth century, so popular in the late twentieth century. Note also the complete lack of automobiles. The picture appears to have been taken possibly in the 1890's (?) It is featured in "Time was in Mineral Wells" on p. 149. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39211/
- Service Club, Camp Wolters, Texas
An illustration of the Service Club at Camp Wolters, which was located just outside Mineral Wells, Texas is shown here. Once the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center during World War II, Camp [later Fort] Wolters was re-opened during the Korean Conflict, and again during the Vietnam War.
This portrait of the service club is probably a photograph taken from an old picture postcard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20463/
- Site of the New Frost Building
Construction of Frost Building in Mineral Wells, Texas. A legend on the bottom reads: "Photograph by McClure." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16278/
- [The Sllew La Renim Club]
The "Sllew La Remin" ("Mineral Wells", spelled backwards) Club formed in 1912. Pictured are: Front Row: Frances Young Mullman; Ida M. Lindon Myers; Eula Strain Harlacker; Mrs. Fred Burman (Sponsor); Mae Cowling; Second Row: Mae Byrd Harris; Mary Lee Hayes Harbinson; Cleo Frost Bowman; Mae Belle Smith; Ruby Johnson Green; Ernestine Pollard; Emma Beetham Brandt; Upper Row: [---] Brown; Frances Hayes; Adelle Watson; Mary Sorley. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39256/
- [Some Gentlemen in Front of the Oxford Hotel]
Seated in front of the Oxford Hotel, from left to right, are: R.B. Preston, Mr. Dick from Millsap, and Stith Edmondson. (Mr. Edmondson was an early sheriff of Palo Pinto County.) Dr. J. H. McCracken can be seen in the window.
The First State Bank and Trust Company was located in the corner of this building, later called the Firstron Building. A sign on the building in the left corner states "$15.00 Fine for Spitting on Sidewalk".
This picture appears on page 103 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells..." second edition. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth20298/
- Souvenir Views of Mineral Wells, Texas
Shown here is a bottle-shaped souvenir of Mineral Wells. It consists of fourteen folios, showing various views of the attractions found in Mineral Wells. The clothing of the people photographed suggests a date of the early twentieth century. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth39258/
- [Souvenir Views of Mineral Wells, Texas]
A pamphlet, shaped like a water bottle, with illustrations of the Mineral Wells area. Some pictures include unidentified visitors to the area that are enjoying the outdoor natural beauty. The statement "Patent and Trademark applied for by the Yeager Drug Company" is located on the lower left-hand portion of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16341/
- [A Sporting Event]
A group of people watching a pole-vaulting event is shown here. A vaulter goes over a crossbar set at approximately 10 feet in this picture.
The covered area in the background is the Dance Pavilion at Elmhurst Park (also the site of the Palo Pinto County Fair at this early date).
Two ladies, with their backs to the camera, at the rear of the crowd wear ladies' basketball uniforms of the day. The horse and buggy were a standard mode of transportation at this time--about 1910. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16304/
- St. Nicholas Hotel
A note with the picture states: The original picture was re-done and re-named the "Delaware Hotel."
This picture appears on page 104 in "Time Was..." The building was located at 316 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was eventually destroyed by fire. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16182/