You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1970-1979
 Language: No Language
[Dedication of Little Rock Schoolhouse" Museum:  Senator Tom Creighton Addresses an Audience]

[Dedication of Little Rock Schoolhouse" Museum: Senator Tom Creighton Addresses an Audience]

Date: April 14, 1978
Creator: unknown
Description: This is yet another picture of the dedication of "Little Rock Schoolhouse" Museum. [See previous photographs for more details.] Senator Tom Creighton is shown addressing an attentive audience.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Dedication of the "Little Rock Schoolhouse" Museum:  A Marker is Unveiled]

[Dedication of the "Little Rock Schoolhouse" Museum: A Marker is Unveiled]

Date: April 14, 1978
Creator: unknown
Description: A marker commemorating the conversion of Mineral Wells' first school to a museum. "The Little Rock Schoolhouse" was built in 1884, and though tuition was charged to the students to pay the teacher, the school building, itself, was built by the city. A granite marker to commemorate the conversion of the school to a museum was unveiled at this dedication.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Jarmon Alvis Lynch and wife]

[Jarmon Alvis Lynch and wife]

Date: October 1, 1977
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A photograph of Jarmon Alvis Lynch and his wife, taken October 1, 1977. He was the grandson J. A. Lynch, the founder of Mineral Wells. He is shown standing on the steps of the Rock School House (in Mineral Wells)in this 1977 photograph, and holding his drawing of the Lynch cabins, which also shows the drilling rig his grandfather used to dig the first mineral well.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 4 of 21, Fire Inside the Structure]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 4 of 21, Fire Inside the Structure]

Date: December 22, 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: This is another view of the spectacular fire that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975. The hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife. The name was changed in 1917 when the hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch. The fire received extensive photographic coverage. Note the height of the flames in this picture, taken in the later stages of the fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Brewer Home]

[The Brewer Home]

Date: April 4, 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: The Brewer home on East Mountain is shown here, from a picture taken April 4, 1976. It is visible from most of North Oak Avenue. Originally the Murphy Home, the building underwent many renovations during the period of Mr. Murphy's residence. Mr. Murphy was a contractor who built many buildings in Mineral Wells, including the Mineral Wells High School (1914) and the third First Baptist Church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lake Mineral Wells, 2 of 4,]

[Lake Mineral Wells, 2 of 4,]

Date: April 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: The dam of Lake Mineral Wells is shown here during a flood, March 1976. A large area of Palo Pinto and Parker counties received heavy rains (up to 7.2 inches in places) during a three-day period. The road directly below the dam was entirely under water, and the effect of water flowing over the road is barely visible. Heavy damage was also reported over a substantial part of the City of Mineral Wells as a result of the downpour.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lake Mineral Wells, 4 of 4:   Spillway]

[Lake Mineral Wells, 4 of 4: Spillway]

Date: April 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is the lower end of the spillway from Lake Mineral Wells after the flood in March 1976. The dam is barely visible at the upper end of the spillway in the middle of the picture. The road directly below the dam is under water, and is not visible in any other pictures of this flood. It suffered such severe damage that it had to be rebuilt.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the Convention Hall, 4 of 5]

[The Demolition of the Convention Hall, 4 of 5]

Date: 1976
Creator: unknown
Description: A holograph legend on the back of this picture states: "Tearing down Convention Hall 1976." The photograph illustrates the demolition of the building in full swing. Only the skeleton of the roof remains, and the walls are in ruins. This picture appears in Weaver's "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells" on page 186.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 5 of 21:   View from the Rear of the Building]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 5 of 21: View from the Rear of the Building]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The Damron Hotel was built in 1906 as the Colonial Hotel by J. T. Holt. It was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in 1917 in exchange for a ranch, and the name was changed to reflect the new ownership. Formerly located at 109 W. Hubbard Street, the hotel burned completely on December 22, 1975 in a spectacular fire that was extensively photographed. Shown here is one of many views of the fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 6 of 21:   Bystanders Observing the Fire]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 6 of 21: Bystanders Observing the Fire]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The Damron Hotel was destroyed (on December 22, 1975) in a spectacular fire that received extensive photographic coverage. The hotel was located at 109 W. Hubbard. This is another picture of that immense conflagration. Originally built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 , the name was changed in 1917 when the hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron in exchange for a ranch. Note the height of the flames in this picture taken in the later stages of the fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST