You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Clipping
The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934

The Fiftieth Reunion of the Graduating Class of 1934

Date: June 28, 1984
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture reproduces a newspaper clipping that reports the fiftieth reunion of the 1934 class from Mineral Wells High School. It was published in the Mineral Wells Index on June 28, 1984.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
First Presbyterian Church in 1896

First Presbyterian Church in 1896

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Handwritten notes on this old newspaper clipping indicate that it was given by M. J. Graham to A. F. Weaver, and correctly reports that the church structure burned August 25, 1908. The article erroneously states that it burned July 4, 1914. The article appears to have been published in the Mineral Wells Index. The caption reads: "Crowd attends dedication of the wooden church as it nears completion in the summer of 1896, when the edifice was dedicated to the Lord and mankind. On July 4th, 1914, the church was destroyed by one of the most disastrous fires in the history of Mineral Wells, when 34 residences and hotels, for two blocks east and west, and four blocks north--from Hubbard St. to NW 4th Street--burned. Every place from Hubbard north to 4th Street except the Tygrett home. "The present church was constructed some two years after the wooden church burned, on the same site--the corner Northwest 2nd Street and Northwest 4th Avenue. Perhaps some of the youngsters in the picture are living in the community today. Picture made available by M. J. Graham from his file of papers and pictures on the history of Presbyterianism in this community. "Until the present ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Remember the Good Old Times Back in 1906-1907 [Newspaper Article]

Remember the Good Old Times Back in 1906-1907 [Newspaper Article]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A "Mineral Wells Index" newspaper article, dated 1933, it is titled: "Remember the Good Old Days Back in 1906-1907", showing two views of Elmhurst Park. One view shows an automobile and streetcar at the entrance; and the other shows the casino located in the park, with the lake in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library