You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Text
Mineral Wells,  "The Carlsbad of America"

Mineral Wells, "The Carlsbad of America"

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a booklet about the history of, the various services available at, and the attractions in and around Mineral Wells, ("The Carlsbad of America")Texas. Published in 1905, it contains many photographic illustrations and a local map. Please note the colophon at the bottom of the pamphlet: "An empire--a nation within a nation."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department (Souvenir)

Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department (Souvenir)

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Minstrel Show Program]

[A Minstrel Show Program]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Page from Pamphlet about Palo Pinto County Water]

[Page from Pamphlet about Palo Pinto County Water]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture appears to be the battered remains of a pamphlet that extols the water of Palo Pinto County. Its provenance remains, unfortunately, still [2014] unknown.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Photocopy of the Mineral Wells "Index"]

[A Photocopy of the Mineral Wells "Index"]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a photocopy of a page from the Mineral Wells "Index." No date is shown. The only legibly complete articles concern the Buck Head Bath House and Pavilion, and the Wagley Bath House and Annex.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Strange Structure [article]

Strange Structure [article]

Date: unknown
Creator: Neal, Maid J.
Description: An article written by Maid J. Neal, in an unknown publication, describes the construction and design of the Hexagon Hotel, which was built in 1895-1897 by D. G. Galbraith. See also "Hexagon Hotel" [with history]for further details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
History of Elmhurst Park

History of Elmhurst Park

Date: 1960?
Creator: unknown
Description: Elmhurst Park, on Pollard Creek about one mile-and-a-half of the southwest corner of Oak and Hubbard streets, closed when the trolley from the city to the Park ceased operations in 1913. The City of Mineral Wells received the park property, in a lawsuit concerning the builder of the park, one "Major" Beardsley (q.v. in the description field). A housing project was opened there about the time the nation began mobilizing for World War II, and construction of Fort Wolters began. (At one time, Fort Wolters was the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center in the nation; nearly 500,000 soldiers passed through the Mineral Wells railway depot during the war). The site was returned to the City of Mineral Wells following the war, and made available to veterans and their families. The area is now the site of City Water Treatment and Waste Disposal facilities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - back page

Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - back page

Date: May 1957
Creator: Palo Pinto Centennial Association
Description: Shown here is a picture of the reverse (back) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial Celebration of 1957. It consists of advertising, extolling the virtues of the First National Bank in Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - front side

Palocade - Palo Pinto County - Official Centennial Program - front side

Date: May 1957
Creator: unknown
Description: The obverse (front) page of a souvenir program from the Palo Pinto Centennial production, "Palocade," which tells the history of Palo Pinto County, which includes the names of the Centennial Queen and her court, is illustrated here.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Crazy Water Company - Stock Certificate]

[The Crazy Water Company - Stock Certificate]

Date: September 23, 1948
Creator: unknown
Description: A certificate for 250 shares of Capital Stock in the Crazy Water Company, that once belonged to Boyce Ditto is shown here.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library