You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 23: Miscellaneous

Pictorial History of Fort Wolters, Volume 23: Miscellaneous

Date: unknown
Creator: Casper, Willie H., Jr.
Description: This volume includes photographs of ceremonies, cake cuttings, recreational events, holidays, and other activities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Piedmont Hotel

The Piedmont Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Piedmont Hotel, located on NE 2nd Avenue and East Hubbard Street, was demolished to make room for the Baker Hotel Garage. Before its destruction, it was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Piedmont Hotel [The First Piedmont Hotel]

The Piedmont Hotel [The First Piedmont Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture (perhaps an early photograph) of the first Piedmont Hotel, its location being unknown. This photograph appears on page 104 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells," Second Edition, 1988.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Piedmont Hotel - [The First Piedmont With Numerous Individuals on Porches]

Piedmont Hotel - [The First Piedmont With Numerous Individuals on Porches]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The First Piedmont Hotel. This photograph was probably taken in the early twentieth century, judging by the attire of the men photographed. The photograph appears on page 104 of "Time Was...", Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Piedmont Hotel - [The Second Piedmont Hotel]

Piedmont Hotel - [The Second Piedmont Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph occurs on page 104 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells" (first edition) by A. F. Weaver. The caption reads: "The Second Piedmont Hotel located on 2nd Avenue [sic] and East Hubbard was demolished to give room for the Baker Hotel Garage. It was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam." This hotel was probably located on the same site as the first Piedmont Hotel (a two story wooden structure) a picture of which is also on page 104 of the same edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Play Day at Elmhurst Park]

[A Play Day at Elmhurst Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Girls are shown playing a basketball game in Mineral Wells' Elmhurst Park, about 1910. The scene catches a "Jump Ball" during progress of the game. Please note the women's uniforms, and also the enthusiastic crowd.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
"The Play Place of The South"

"The Play Place of The South"

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An avioculum (bird's eye-view) of Mineral Wells, Texas, taken from East mountain and looking west-southwest. In the middle foreground are: The Crazy Flats and the third Crazy Water Drinking Pavilion. The "Crazy" Businesses burned in 1925, and the present hotel that replaced them covers the entire city block. It has since been converted [2007]to a Retirement Home. Visible also are the First Presbyterian Church, which was erected in 1909; and the Old High School, erected in 1915.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Portrait Presentation at KORC]

[A Portrait Presentation at KORC]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Mrs. Jess (Ruby) Shattles presents a photographic picture of Achilles Corcanges, founder and owner of radio station KORC in Mineral Wells to the same Mr. Corcanges. Mrs. Shattles owned and operated Pavilion Studio at 412 N. Oak Avenue. The picture was taken about 1946, when station KORC opened. The unidentified gentleman, with his back to the photographer,on the left is believed to be Mr. Shattles.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Post Offfice, Mineral Wells, Texas, 1930 (?)

Post Offfice, Mineral Wells, Texas, 1930 (?)

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This building once housed the third Post Office in Mineral Wells. The body of the photograph is marked POST OFFICE MINERAL WELLS, TEXAS 1936. Please observe the automobiles parked in front, on the sloping street. It was the issue of insufficient parking that caused the Post Office to move. The building presently [2013] houses the Women's Club.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Poston's Dry Goods, 10 of 15:   Inside View of Store]

[Poston's Dry Goods, 10 of 15: Inside View of Store]

Date: unknown
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A photograph of Will Poston and a cashier inside Poston Dry Goods store, 107 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. [Will Poston is in cashier's/accountant's office. The cashier is preparing to pull a cord to set the cash trolley system in motion Piles of trousers take up the foreground] A central cashier's stand was what is now known as "state of the art" near the middle of twentieth century. This one was located in a corner of the mens' trousers department. The historic Poston store is now a Mineral Wells annex of the Palo Pinto County courthouse.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library