You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Language: English
St. Nicholas Hotel

St. Nicholas Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A note with the picture states: The original picture was re-done and re-named the "Delaware Hotel." This picture appears on page 104 in "Time Was..." The building was located at 316 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was eventually destroyed by fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Bimini Bath House, Mineral Wells, Texas

Bimini Bath House, Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A photograph of an old postal card showing the Bimini Mineral Bath House, later known as "The Wagley Building." It was constructed by Goodrum, Murphy, and Croft and located at 114 NW 4th Street. A vintage automobile is shown at right side of the picture. This building was demolished before 2008.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Street Parade / West Texas C. of C. Convention / Mineral Wells 1925

Street Parade / West Texas C. of C. Convention / Mineral Wells 1925

Date: unknown
Creator: Clemons, Basil
Description: A parade on North Oak Avenue in Mineral Wells, Texas is the subject of this picture. Businesses partaking of it include Poston Dry Goods, a bath house, the Hexagon Hotel, Palace Drugs, American Cafe, and the Caldwell Hotel. American flags, Texas flags, and various banners are hanging from the buildings. The parade is moving south (while the picture is looking north) on N. Oak Avenue, at its intersection with SE 1st Street It was held during the West Texas Chamber of Commerce Convention of 1925. The photograph bears the colophon of Basil Clemens Photo Company of Breckenridge, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Panorama of Camp Wolters, TX

Date: 1941
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is a panoramic photograph of Camp Wolters in Mineral Wells, Texas, the largest infantry replacement center in 1941. Labels on photograph identify (left to right) Target Range, Regimental Area No. 4, Dental Clinic,Guest House, Service Club, Theater, Regimental Area No. 3, Infantry Replacement Center/Headquarters Area, Regimental Area No. 6, Warehouse Area, Corps Area Service Command and Hospital Area, Regimental Area No. 2, Regimental Area No. 1, and Machine Gun Range.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Period Hotel

The Period Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Oaks

The Oaks

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mineral Wells is 100% for "Ike" Sablosky

Mineral Wells is 100% for "Ike" Sablosky

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Crazy Water and Crystals Display

Crazy Water and Crystals Display

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: As the caption reads, a display of Crazy Water and Crazy Crystals in the front entrance of the plant that manufactured them is illustrated here.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mineral Wells Hardware

Mineral Wells Hardware

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The sign painted on the side of the store proclaims that this building is the Mineral Wells Hardware Company. Located at 212 SE 1st Avenue, it was owned by Mssrs. Smith & Frost. It was later bought by L.E. Seaman. In 1975, it became the location of Widlake Motor Supply. The picture appears on page 126 of A. F. Weaver's "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells...."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Aerial View of Camp Wolters, Texas

Aerial View of Camp Wolters, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An aerial view of Camp Wolters is shown here, looking north. The main gate is just outside of the lowermost center of picture. Expansion of Camp Wolters began in 1939 as the nation prepared for World War II. This became the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center in the U.S. in the early part of the war. Nearly 500,000 troops went through the Railway Station in Mineral Wells during World War II. The base was also used for troop training during the Korean Police Action. Some 90% of the helicopter pilots during the Vietnam War received all or part of their pilot training here; and during this time, the name was changed from Camp Wolters to Fort Wolters. The Fort was decommissioned following the Viet Nam War, and is now the Mineral Wells Industrial Park, with several large manufacturing and service companies located in it. There is also the campus of a local branch of Weatherford College, and a pre-release facility for State Department of Corrections prisoners operated by Corrections Corporation of America. (This facility is in the group of former barracks shown in the far right of the picture.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST