You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Elmer Seybold With a Rifle]

[Elmer Seybold With a Rifle]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Elmer Seybold [(?)-1979] replaces the ramrod on a reproduction rifle. A powder horn & other paraphernalia are visible in foreground. The presence of a small card catalog in the background establishes the locale of this performance to be the old Boyce Ditto Library, in what is now [2013] part of the City Hall complex. The date of Mr. Seybold's presentation is unknown.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Crazy Box Factory Crew 1940]

[The Crazy Box Factory Crew 1940]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A. F. Weaver, Sr. (seated on the left) raised money--just before World War II--to build the new building just behind the Crazy Box Factory. He is pictured here with the staff of the building. The Polluck Paper and Box Company took over the plant right after the war. It later became the St. Regis Packaging. The photograph dates to 1940.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Penitentiary Hollow]

[Penitentiary Hollow]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Three ladies (bearing bouquets), a man and a boy perch among the angular boulders of Penitentiary Hollow on the east side of Lake Mineral Wells. Their identities are unknown. This picture is probably a souvenir photograph, taken at some time during the late 1910's or early 1920's. A local story has it that the area gets its name from the "Fact" that cattle thieves were said to be accustomed to cache their booty here, in preparation to driving it on farther for sale. Therefore, anybody detected in this place (who could no give a good account of himself) was likely to find lodging in the nearest penitentiary.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A High School Coronation, 1947]

[A High School Coronation, 1947]

Date: 1947
Creator: unknown
Description: The High School Coronation of 1947 had its picture taken in the Convention Hall. The photograph was taken by Du-Caan Studios, Mineral Wells, Texas. The people involved--with two possible exceptions--are not known. [written on the back in pencil: Barbara Bowman Barbara Weaver]
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Famous Mineral Water   "At the Sign on of the Old Well"

Famous Mineral Water "At the Sign on of the Old Well"

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Burning of the First Crazy Hotel]

[The Burning of the First Crazy Hotel]

Date: 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: The first Crazy Hotel burned in 1925. This photograph shows the fire as it is burning out, and only a few pieces of the structure still stand. The sign seen in the left part of the photo says "Crazy Drug Co." which was the pharmacy inside the hotel. The hotel was rebuilt and claims to be fire proof.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Formation of OH-23 Helicopters]

[Formation of OH-23 Helicopters]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Illustrated in this photograph is a formation of OH-23 Helicopters, presumably at Fort Wolters. Information in regard to the occasion of their flight, or any other data on the helicopters,is unfortunately lacking.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Raines Building, Mineral Wells

The Raines Building, Mineral Wells

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Raines Building located at 101 N.E. 1st Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, was once a drug store, then a department store, later Pemberton's Appliance Store; in 1975 it was Calhoun Furniture Company and in 2008 is the home of Downtown Video. This photograph is found on page 126 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. Note the clothing of the people, the absence of any traffic, and the bunting on the building. A legend in white ink on the lower left-hand corner of the photograph reads: Texas Trade Review."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Chautauqua Hall]

[The Chautauqua Hall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a side view of the Chautauqua Hall, once located on the side of Welcome Mountain, where the Jaycee Youth Center is now [2010] located (behind the Grand Theater.) It was taken, perhaps,in late spring or early summer--possibly in the morning. The photograph is featured in "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells..." on page 50. The building departed from existence in 1912.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Sllew La Renim Club]

[The Sllew La Renim Club]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The "Sllew La Remin" ("Mineral Wells", spelled backwards) Club formed in 1912. Pictured are: Front Row: Frances Young Mullman; Ida M. Lindon Myers; Eula Strain Harlacker; Mrs. Fred Burman (Sponsor); Mae Cowling; Second Row: Mae Byrd Harris; Mary Lee Hayes Harbinson; Cleo Frost Bowman; Mae Belle Smith; Ruby Johnson Green; Ernestine Pollard; Emma Beetham Brandt; Upper Row: [---] Brown; Frances Hayes; Adelle Watson; Mary Sorley.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library