Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This home, at 416 NW 6th Street, was built in 1904 by Robert Wylie, a prominent pioneer cattleman. It was home to the Wiley family until 1917, when it passed into the ownership of the Luther Waddy. In 2006, it was owned and occupied by Jayne Catrett. Billy Gross, Junior, grandson of W.H. Gross, and an original member of the Heritage Association, wrote a detailed description of the house's interior that is too long to be included here. He worked at the Boyce Ditto Library until his death. This photograph, taken in June of 1974, shows the side (western) elevation of the house from NW 4th Avenue. Another view of it may be found in "Time Was...," by A. F. Weaver, on page 141. The style of the house is Queen Anne. The use of cement blocks in building the house is unusual. Please note the shaped parapets on the unusual (for this style of house) rectangular tower at the right.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library