You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 10 of 11:   Frame and Rubble]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 10 of 11: Frame and Rubble]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second First Baptist Church building was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was demolished to build the third and current church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 11 of 11:   Partially Demolished]

[The Demolition of the First Baptist Church, 11 of 11: Partially Demolished]

Date: 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The second First Baptist Church building was built in 1920, and used until 1967. It was demolished to build the third and current church on the same site. Please see photograph number 1 for details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Christian Church]

[First Christian Church]

Date: July 27, 1964
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Typed on the back photograph is: THIS PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY A.F. WEAVER 1901 N. W. 6TH AVE. MINERAL WELLS, TEXAS DATE JUL 27, 1964. It is a view of the limestone church occupying the site of the former Gibson Well Park and Pavilion. Some of the rock used in this church came from owners of the historic Rock Pens on Dillingham Prairie.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Christian Church]

[First Christian Church]

Date: July 27, 1964
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: On the back of photograph is typed: THIS PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN BY, A. F. WEAVER 1901 N. W. 6TH AVENUE MINERAL WELLS TEXAS DATE JUL 27 1964. First Christian church occupies the site of the former Gibson Well Park and Pavilion in the 700 block of NW 2nd Avenue (the address on the photograph was A.F. Weaver's home.) Some of the limestone used to build the church was donated by latter-day owners of the historic Rock Pens on Dillingham Prairie, where the first meeting of the Northwest Texas Cattle Raisers' Association was held in 1876. Oliver Loving's son, J.C. Loving, wrote a letter to northwest Texas ranchers after the meeting, inviting them to meet the following February in Graham, where the Association was organized. C.C. Slaughter, once the richest man in Texas, owned the Rock Pens at the time of the Stock Raisers' meeting.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
History of Elmhurst Park

History of Elmhurst Park

Date: 1960?
Creator: unknown
Description: Elmhurst Park, on Pollard Creek about three miles southwest of downtown Mineral Wells, closed when the trolley from the city to the Park ceased operations in 1913. The City of Mineral Wells received the park property, a housing project was opened there about the time the nation began mobilizing for World War II, and construction of Fort Wolters began. (At one time, Fort Wolters was the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center in the nation; nearly 500,000 soldiers passed through the Mineral Wells railway depot during the war). The site was returned to the City of Mineral Wells following the war, and made available to veterans and their families. The area is now the site of City Water Treatment and Waste Disposal facilities.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Mineral Wells High School Commencement Program of 1968]

[A Mineral Wells High School Commencement Program of 1968]

Date: May 24, 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: A Commencement program from Mineral Wells High School, that took place on May 24, 1968. Note its small size, as shown by the ruler next to it.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Surface Weather Map

Surface Weather Map

Date: June 1969
Creator: Randall; Turgeon & Randall
Description: This booklet gives an overview of surface weather maps as they relate to aviation. According to the scope notes on the title page, it includes information about "Surface Weather Map, interpretation of data from plotted station models, [and] analysis of maps to include pressure centers and fronts" as well as the "Use of map for flight planning." The text also has self-evaluation questions printed throughout, with the answers printed on the last page.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Three Women at a Swimming Pool]

[Three Women at a Swimming Pool]

Date: April 29, 1967
Creator: unknown
Description: Three women are shown at the "old" Mineral Wells City Pool. A male lifeguard, to their right, looks on unconcernedly. Only one woman can be identified: Jill Hickey, Mineral Wells High School graduate of 1966,the woman on the right, now Jill Hickey Moore of Stafford, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of NE 1st Avenue]

[A View of NE 1st Avenue]

Date: 1965?
Creator: unknown
Description: In this view of NE 1st Avenue, the Old Post Office Building is shown at the end of the street and at the left of the picture. It is now [2007] The Woman's Club. The Baker Hotel (apparently under construction) can be seen at the far right of the picture. The Southwestern Bell Telephone Company building in the center of the picture sits across NE 1st Street, and to the north of the Baker.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST