You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
[Art Weaver 's Studio]

[Art Weaver 's Studio]

Date: unknown
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture shows the 400 block of North Oak Avenue as it was in 1975. Art Weaver Photography (412 North Oak Avenue) is shown, adjacent to and right of the Grand theater (formerly the Crazy Theater). (This picture collection is part of the lifetime collection of pictures of Art Weaver.) The Baker Hotel is in the background on the skyline at the far right of the picture. NOTE: The camera angle and its lens make this picture appear to be a street corner. However, North Oak Avenue is actually a straight street, running North-South.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Arthur Howard]

[Arthur Howard]

Date: 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: A photograph of Arthur Howard, it was taken about 1898. The cap he is wearing identifies him as "ASST CHIEF." (He is believed to have been assistant fire chief of Mineral Wells at that time.) No more information about the man has been discovered as of 2011.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Auction of the First Edition of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells]

[The Auction of the First Edition of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows the purchaser who bought the first copy of "Time Was in Mineral Wells", and his wife. Left to right are: Rev. Bobby Moore, auctioneer; Jack Dickens, purchaser; A.F. Weaver, author; Mrs. Jean Dickens. Copy Number One sold for $153.57. (H. Arthur Zappe D.D.S., bought copy Number Two for $45, and Bill Bennett bought copy Number Three for an undisclosed price.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Auction of the First Edition of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells]

[The Auction of the First Edition of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows the auction of the first ten copies of "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", First Edition, 1975. Identified (facing the crowd in front row) are Mrs. Richard Warren (with arms folded); Mrs. A.F. (Patsy) Weaver; A.F. (Art) Weaver, Author; Rev. Bobby Moore, Auctioneer. The auction took place inside the restored "Little Rock School", Mineral Wells' first public school.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Auction of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells, First Edition]

[The Auction of TIME WAS In Mineral Wells, First Edition]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here are the successful bidders for the first ten copies of "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells," first edition, 1975. Identified in the picture are Reverend Mister Bobby Moore (front row left) who was the auctioneer; Mr. Jack Dickens (next to Rev. Mr. Moore); and Mrs. Jack Dickens (behind her husband), who bought book number one; Frost Bowman (barely visible behind Mrs. Jack Dickens) bought the fourth book; Bill Bennett (back row fourth from right) bought book number three; A.F. Weaver (back row second from right) is the author of the book. (H. Arthur Zappe, DDS, former mayor of Mineral Wells, [not shown], bought copy No. 2
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Austin Well]

[The Austin Well]

Date: 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows the Austin Well as it was in 1974. A legend on the back of photograph reads: "Looking south shows remains of Austin Well in the foreground with the remains of what used to be the crystal plant. Across the street may be seen the St Regis box plant." The former Crazy Water Crystal plant, at the left edge of the picture, is now the St. Regis box factory This well is associated with a unique and romantic history: A cowboy rode a blind mare into Mineral Wells and auctioned her off for a dollar and a half. Mr. Austin acquired the horse, and put her to work drawing water from the well by turning a wheel to which was attached a rope, which with each revolution of the wheel, pulled a bucket of water from the well to ground level. Nellie was trained to pause at a point in her circular route long enough for the bucket to be emptied, then continue on to pull up the next bucket when it was filled. Blind Nellie was retired in her old age, but continued to walk a similar circular route in the pasture to which she was retired, ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Avalon

The Avalon

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Avalon Hotel was located at NW 3rd Street and NW 3rd Avenue. Assembled here in front of the hotel is a group of people, possibly hotel guests. A reversed-image of this picture appears on page 100 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", First Edition 1975.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
AWO_2175 E  A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

AWO_2175 E A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

Date: 1988?
Creator: unknown
Description: Businesses are shown here at the southwest corner of West Hubbard Street and South Oak Avenue: The location of the original Colonial Hotel. (It was originally built in 1906 by J.T. Holt for his second wife who would not live in the country, and it was renamed the Damron Hotel about 1917 when Agnew and Bessie Damron traded a ranch for it. The hotel burned in 1975.) The small white building in the left middle foreground is a back view of Cole's House of Flowers (where Davidson's Hardware also burned in the Damron Hotel fire), next to it is Hill's Style Shoppe and Mineral Wells Office Supply. The vacant lot in the foreground is the location of the former Damron hotel. At the far left edge of the picture, to the east and across Oak Avenue, is Lynch Plaza which was built on the site of the former Oxford Hotel, that burned in 1983, along with the First National Bank. Lynch Plaza is named for J.A. Lynch, Mineral Wells' founder. who had a well drilled at this location in 1880, and discovered the source of mineral water that made Mineral Wells the most popular health spa in the nation at ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Baker Hotel:  A Picture Taken From the South Window of the Hexagon Hotel]

[The Baker Hotel: A Picture Taken From the South Window of the Hexagon Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A note with this photograph states: "Photo taken out of top floor south window of Hexagon Hotel. Photo re-printed in 1977. Photo probably taken 1954 due to penciled in date on back." (Also, the building in the lower left corner of the picture still bears the "USO" sign of World War II.) See also "Hexagon Hotel" [with history]. In front of the Baker Hotel stands the "Old Post Office, now the Ladies Garden Club Building. The Crazy Hotel can be seen between the right edge of the picture and the spire attached atop one of the gables of the Hexagon Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library