You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
AWO_2175 E  A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

AWO_2175 E A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

[A Back View of Businesses on the West Side of 100 Block and S. Oak]

Date: 1988?
Creator: unknown
Description: Businesses are shown here at the southwest corner of West Hubbard Street and South Oak Avenue: The location of the original Colonial Hotel. (It was originally built in 1906 by J.T. Holt for his second wife who would not live in the country, and it was renamed the Damron Hotel about 1917 when Agnew and Bessie Damron traded a ranch for it. The hotel burned in 1975.) The small white building in the left middle foreground is a back view of Cole's House of Flowers (where Davidson's Hardware also burned in the Damron Hotel fire), next to it is Hill's Style Shoppe and Mineral Wells Office Supply. The vacant lot in the foreground is the location of the former Damron hotel. At the far left edge of the picture, to the east and across Oak Avenue, is Lynch Plaza which was built on the site of the former Oxford Hotel, that burned in 1983, along with the First National Bank. Lynch Plaza is named for J.A. Lynch, Mineral Wells' founder. who had a well drilled at this location in 1880, and discovered the source of mineral water that made Mineral Wells the most popular health spa in the nation at ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Baker Hotel:  A Picture Taken From the South Window of the Hexagon Hotel]

[The Baker Hotel: A Picture Taken From the South Window of the Hexagon Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A note with this photograph states: "Photo taken out of top floor south window of Hexagon Hotel. Photo re-printed in 1977. Photo probably taken 1954 due to penciled in date on back." (Also, the building in the lower left corner of the picture still bears the "USO" sign of World War II.) See also "Hexagon Hotel" [with history]. In front of the Baker Hotel stands the "Old Post Office, now the Ladies Garden Club Building. The Crazy Hotel can be seen between the right edge of the picture and the spire attached atop one of the gables of the Hexagon Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Baker Hotel at Night]

[The Baker Hotel at Night]

Date: 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: [Baker Hotel at Night. Cars parked on street. Wind blows through trees.] Legend: Photo & colorized by A. F. Weaver 1940
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
"Baker Hotel" Menu

"Baker Hotel" Menu

Date: 1929?
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph illustrates an October 1929 menu from the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, a "Baker Hotel" (located in Austin, Texas), similar to the one that opened in Mineral Wells in 1929 is shown here. Further information is not known at this date [2013].
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Baker Hotel-Mineral Wells, Texas

Baker Hotel-Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A panorama View of the Baker Hotel with all the surrounding buildings is shown here. Note: The general appearance of the city surrounding the hotel suggests strongly that this picture was heavily edited. Perhaps it was taken from a postcard.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Baker Hotel Roof Garden]

[The Baker Hotel Roof Garden]

Date: 1999
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph is identified as "Baker Hotel Roof Garden February 1999." Two chandeliers are still in place on the ceiling, but the missing floor boards, the peeling paint, and the deserted condition of the room is indicative of the sad condition of once a beautiful ballroom.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Baker Hotel Swimming Pool

Baker Hotel Swimming Pool

Date: February 1990
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Bank of Mineral Wells

The Bank of Mineral Wells

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Bank of Mineral Wells

Bank of Mineral Wells

Date: 1924?
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is an undated photograph that appears to have been published in the Mineral Wells Index. This picture also appears on page 148 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells." The caption reads, "Palo Pinto County Boys' and Girls' Poultry Clubs and the Junior Rotary Band received pure-bred eggs distributed free by the Bank of Mineral Wells. Note the bank has had an addition to its south side." The caption on an earlier picture of the bank states, "D. M. Howard and R. B. Preston opened the first bank in the City, The Bank of Mineral Wells, located at 102 SE 1st Avenue." In a companion picture on p. 148, "TIME WAS ... ", the caption reads,"The Bank of Mineral Wells went broke in 1924. The building was then used by Ball Drug and Massengale's Appliances. The building was torn down to make room for parking in the downtown area." (The City Directory of 1924 lists the bank's location at 102 SE 1st. Avenue. There is no listing of it in the 1927 City Directory.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library