You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Service Club, Camp Wolters, Texas

Service Club, Camp Wolters, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An illustration of the Service Club at Camp Wolters, which was located just outside Mineral Wells, Texas is shown here. Once the largest Infantry Replacement Training Center during World War II, Camp [later Fort] Wolters was re-opened during the Korean Conflict, and again during the Vietnam War. This portrait of the service club is probably a photograph taken from an old picture postcard.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sewerage Disposal Plant

Sewerage Disposal Plant

Date: 1930?/1939?
Creator: unknown
Description: Mineral Wells' Sewerage Disposal Plant was built on the site of the former Elmhurst Park on Pollard Creek, approximately 2 miles SSW of the city. The city obtained the park property, and built the sewerage treatment plant during the recovery from the Great Depression of the 1930's. Shown here is a photograph of a clipping from a newspaper.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sewing Room

Sewing Room

Date: 1937?
Creator: unknown
Description: The back of the photograph exhibits a note that this picture was copied from the "Burro", which is the Mineral Wells High School yearbook. The "Sewing Room" was a classroom in the Lillian Peek Home Economics building on the grounds of the high school. The Lillian Peek cottage was built by the WPA in 1937, and was the first free- standing house built specifically for Home Economics education in the State of Texas. It was "Current state of the art" when it was completed. The building now houses the Creative Arts Center, and is used by the local Art Club as an art workshop and museum.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Site of the New Frost Building

Site of the New Frost Building

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Construction of Frost Building in Mineral Wells, Texas. A legend on the bottom reads: "Photograph by McClure."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Sllew La Renim]

[Sllew La Renim]

Date: 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: The caption on page 118 of "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells" (first edition, 1974) by A. F. Weaver, states: "The "SLLEW La RENIM Club was 'Mineral Wells' spelled backwards. The members pose in front of the Old Post Office in 1913: Anna Mae Guinn, Ernestine Pollard, May Belle Smith, Ann Locke Galbraith, Ruby Andrews, Mattie Withers." The ladies of the time used parasols to shade themselves from the sun. (There are seven ladies in the picture, but only six are identified. As deduced from the notes on the back of the picture, Mary Lee Hayes is believed to be the third lady in line in the picture.) The Mineral Wells Sanitarium, originally known as The Exchange Hotel, is shown in the upper left of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Sllew La Renim Club]

[The Sllew La Renim Club]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The "Sllew La Remin" ("Mineral Wells", spelled backwards) Club formed in 1912. Pictured are: Front Row: Frances Young Mullman; Ida M. Lindon Myers; Eula Strain Harlacker; Mrs. Fred Burman (Sponsor); Mae Cowling; Second Row: Mae Byrd Harris; Mary Lee Hayes Harbinson; Cleo Frost Bowman; Mae Belle Smith; Ruby Johnson Green; Ernestine Pollard; Emma Beetham Brandt; Upper Row: [---] Brown; Frances Hayes; Adelle Watson; Mary Sorley.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Smith Memorial at Elmwood Cemetery]

[The Smith Memorial at Elmwood Cemetery]

Date: April 4, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a picture of a monument that is to be found in the Elmwood Cemetery. Two Confederate soldiers with rifles (who presumably never went to war) stand at the top of a scrolled pediment that bears the number "32" amidst foliage. Beneath it are crossed sabres. At the very bottom. under the name "Smith", is the motto: "Charity and Humanity Our Religion" in raised letters. This monument may be the grave of the Cicero Smith family. He was the President of Lake View Scenic Railway, also known as the Dinkey Cars.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Social Security Award for Boyce Ditto]

[Social Security Award for Boyce Ditto]

Date: June 4, 1948
Creator: unknown
Description: An insurance award from the Social Security Administration for Boyce Ditto in 1948.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Some Gentlemen in Front of the Oxford Hotel]

[Some Gentlemen in Front of the Oxford Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Seated in front of the Oxford Hotel, from left to right, are: R.B. Preston, Mr. Dick from Millsap, and Stith Edmondson. (Mr. Edmondson was an early sheriff of Palo Pinto County.) Dr. J. H. McCracken can be seen in the window. The First State Bank and Trust Company was located in the corner of this building, later called the Firstron Building. A sign on the building in the left corner states "$15.00 Fine for Spitting on Sidewalk". This picture appears on page 103 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells..." second edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department

Souvenir...Mineral Wells Volunteer Fire Department

Date: 1906
Creator: Robinette, Alan M.
Description: Shown here is the cover of a souvenir booklet about the Mineral Wells, Texas, Volunteer Fire Department,published in 1906.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library