You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1980-1989
[First Presbyterian Church - 12 of 13:  Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 12 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A .F. Weaver
Description: This is the twelfth picture in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church prior to its demolition. This is a general view of the church from the southwest corner of the building.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First State Bank and The Gentlemen's Closet]

[First State Bank and The Gentlemen's Closet]

Date: 1989?
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph has been tentatively dated to the 1980's. Notice the mailbox at the corner--a rarity in Mineral Wells at the present [2013] time. The street appears to be devoid of markings, but traffic bumps are visible--a provision no longer [2013] in effect for this street. The picture shows the First State Bank, which began business at the southwest corner of the 100 block of East Hubbard with a drive-in teller and parking lot at the back of the bank. The First State Bank president was Leon Cowan; vice-presidents were Tony Street and Leon Groves. The First State Bank occupied the northeast corner of N. Oak Avenue and E. Hubbard Streets after The City National Bank (now First Financial Bank) moved from here to its current [2008] location at 1900 W. Hubbard Street. First State Bank is now [2008] located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The building now [2013] houses the offices for the Mineral Wells Hospice. The Gentleman's Closet, next door, was a man's haberdashery. It was a remodeled store that had been occupied by a number of previous businesses. It is presently [2013] vacant.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Front entrance to the second First Presbyterian Church]

[The Front entrance to the second First Presbyterian Church]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture of the main entrance to the second First Presbyterian Church at 300 NW 4th Avenue, Mineral Wells, shows the unique dome that topped the picturesque structure. The church survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed about six city blocks surrounding it. Foundation structural damage caused the church to be replaced by a more modern structure in the 1980's. This picture is one of 43 negatives in the A. F. Weaver Collection showing construction details of the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

[Lynch Plaza , 1 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph of Lynch Plaza and The First State Bank (now Home Health in 2008) was taken from the 100 block of South Oak Street. The Gentleman's Closet is next to the bank (The store is vacant as of 2008). The Baker Hotel can be seen above Lynch Plaza, at the corner of E. Hubbard and S. Oak Streets.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza, 2 of 3, Different View]

[Lynch Plaza, 2 of 3, Different View]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza 3 of 3]

[Lynch Plaza 3 of 3]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Lynch Plaza, in the center of this picture, is located on the corner of North Oak and East Hubbard Streets. This structure, originally called the Firstron Building, replaced the First National Bank at this location. The bank was located in the northwest corner of the Oxford Hotel. The hotel building, including the bank, was destroyed by fire in 1983.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building,  Parking Lot ]

[Lynch Plaza and Martin Building, Parking Lot ]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: A parking lot for Lynch Plaza and the Martin Building is located at the corner of West Hubbard Street and SE 1st Avenue. The Berry and Associates Building is visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]

Date: September 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The First State Bank stands at this location as of 2008.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The Savings and Loan building, in this 1988 view (looking south down SE 1st Avenue), is in the left foreground on the southeast corner of Hubbard and 1st Avenue. Across SE 1st Avenue (to the right and west of the Savings and Loan) is the parking lot for Lynch Plaza. In the background, the next street south is SE 1st Street. The Dollar General store occupies the former Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the southeast corner of this next block (near the center of the picture), where Mineral Wells' first Post Office once stood. The Savings and Loan building was eventually torn down, and the First State Bank is now [2008] at this location.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Second First Presbyterian Church]

[The Second First Presbyterian Church]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A view barely showing the dome atop the second First Presbyterian Church, which was built in 1909, and located at 300 NW 4th Avenue. The church survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914 that destroyed about six city blocks east of the church. Structural damage to the basement caused the building to be replaced in the 1980's by a more modern structure. This picture is one of 43 negatives in the A. F. Weaver collection, showing construction details of the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library