You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 County: Palo Pinto County, TX
 Decade: 1920-1929
[Milling's Sanitarium and Water Well ]

[Milling's Sanitarium and Water Well ]

Date: 1920?/1929?
Creator: unknown
Description: The gazebo-like structure shown in the picture protects a water pump in front of the Milling Sanitarium. The sanitarium was built about 1929 on what was then the 2500 block of SE Sixth Avenue. It later became the Irvine Sanitarium. The Veterans of Foreign Wars (Post 2399) occupies the building as of 2010. The fate of the structure shown here is unknown.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Golf Country Club and Lake]

[The Mineral Wells Golf Country Club and Lake]

Date: 1920?/1930?
Creator: unknown
Description: Please note the men in golf attire standing on bank, one of whom is holding a bag of golf clubs. Knee-length knickers with decorated socks were typical golf wear in the Roaring Twenties. Others are lounging around on the bank between club house and lake on a typical lazy Sunday afternoon.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]

[The Mineral Wells High School Concert Band]

Date: 1922?
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture, showing the concert band of the Mineral Wells High School Marching Band (standing on the steps of the school) was taken around 1922. James Walker Calvert is on the top row at the far right. Mr. Brunswick, the bandleader, is on the front row at the far left. Ellis White is the trombone player on the left. See also "Mineral Wells High School Marching Band."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The New Suspension Bridge at Lover's Retreat, Near Mineral Wells, Texas

The New Suspension Bridge at Lover's Retreat, Near Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: A suspension bridge for pedestrian traffic across Eagle Creek at Lover's Retreat is shown here, from what must be a picture post-card. Formerly a public park, and now on private property, it was located four miles west of Palo Pinto on the old Bankhead Highway (now U.S. Highway 180).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Panoramic View of Mineral Wells, 1925]

[A Panoramic View of Mineral Wells, 1925]

Date: May 4, 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture taken in 1925, two months after the Crazy burned. Please note no Crazy Hotel in this picture, but the Crazy Well building in the street did not perish in the flames. Also,please note, across the city on West Mountain, the two buildings owned by the Cavalry, where their horses were kept. The old High School, the "Little Rock School", and the West Ward School are visible in the upper left of the picture at the south end of West Mountain.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of the First Mineral Wells Golf Country Club]

[Photograph of the First Mineral Wells Golf Country Club]

Date: 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the first clubhouse of The Mineral Wells Golf and Country Club is shown here. This picture comes from Knights of Pythias Album, 1925. The swimming area and lifeguard station can be seen at the far left of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]

[R.L. Polk & Co.'s Mineral Wells City Directory, 1920]

Date: 1920
Creator: R.L. Polk & Co.
Description: The city directory for Mineral Wells, 1920, embraces a complete alphabetical list of business firms and private citizens; a directory of city and county officials, churches, public and private schools, banks, asylums, hospitals, commercial bodies, secret societies, street and avenue guide, etc.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Street Scene, Taken About the 1930's]

[A Street Scene, Taken About the 1930's]

Date: 1927?
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph illustrates the "New" Crazy Hotel on North Oak Avenue, which opened in 1927 after the earlier hotel burned March 15, 1925. Many automobiles typical of the period can be seen on the street. Note the following businesses: Tom Moore, Barber Shop, Cafe, Young's Studio, Bath House, Crazy Drug.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Two  Men at Inspiration Point

Two Men at Inspiration Point

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Two men are here seen sitting on a bench at Inspiration Point. The photograph is believed to have been taken about the year 1920. The bluffs above the Brazos River are visible in the background. The man at the far left has been identified as Bealer Beard, at one time an owner of a construction company in Mineral wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mineral Wells From South Mountain]

[A View of Mineral Wells From South Mountain]

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: A view of Mineral Wells, looking north from South Mountain, taken after 1929, is pictured here. The front of the old Mineral Wells High School is visible in the lower left corner. The Crazy Hotel is just to the right of center. This picture comes from one of 17 (4X4) negatives that were found in an envelope from Charles W. Simonds (Route 5, Box 43, Norman, Oklahoma, 73069), addressed to A.F. Weaver Photography and postmarked Aug. 4, 1975. Also on the envelope were some telephone numbers and the remark "Father - C.W. Simonds (Clarence Winfield)."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library