You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1980-1989
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan]
The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The First State Bank stands at this location as of 2008. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29864/
[The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan--and Lynch Plaza Parking Lot]
The Mineral Wells Savings and Loan was once located at 101 SE 1st Avenue. The Savings and Loan building, in this 1988 view (looking south down SE 1st Avenue), is in the left foreground on the southeast corner of Hubbard and 1st Avenue. Across SE 1st Avenue (to the right and west of the Savings and Loan) is the parking lot for Lynch Plaza. In the background, the next street south is SE 1st Street. The Dollar General store occupies the former Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the southeast corner of this next block (near the center of the picture), where Mineral Wells' first Post Office once stood. The Savings and Loan building was eventually torn down, and the First State Bank is now [2008] at this location. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29860/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. 102, No. 80, Ed. 1 Thursday, February 21, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417310/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 12, Ed. 1 Thursday, September 18, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417302/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 23, Ed. 1 Thursday, December 4, 1980
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417281/
Palo Pinto County Star (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. [103], No. 30, Ed. 1 Thursday, January 22, 1981
A weekly newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that included local, state, and national news along with advertising. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth417187/
[Pediment on the Second Building of the First Presbyterian Church]
This photograph shows the pediment of the south-west entrance to the First Presbyterian Church (This is its third building) at 300 NW 4th Avenue. The acanthus ornaments on top of the pediment (in Classical times, a guard against dripping rain), have no real function. The dentils that line the interior of the pediment are not Classical, nor are the capitals of of the pillars. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25011/
[The Second First Presbyterian Church]
A view barely showing the dome atop the second First Presbyterian Church, which was built in 1909, and located at 300 NW 4th Avenue. The church survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914 that destroyed about six city blocks east of the church. Structural damage to the basement caused the building to be replaced in the 1980's by a more modern structure. This picture is one of 43 negatives in the A. F. Weaver collection, showing construction details of the Lutheran and Presbyterian churches. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25040/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 1 of 18: Three Crosses Visible]
Shown here is a view from the southwest of Saint Mark's Lutheran Church, located at 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25042/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 2 of 18: Rear View]
A view of the south-east rear of St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, illustrates a detail of the structure: East of the sanctuary, the Community Center and a children's playground, with equipment. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25020/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 3 of 18, East View of Steeple]
St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas: This photograph shows the gable at the south end of the roof, including some landscaped rock work on the lawn south of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25014/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 4 of 18: Steeple View Facing East]
One of the gables on the roof of St. Mark's Lutheran church, Mineral Wells is shown here. The gables on both the north and south ends of the church appear to be identical. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25038/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 5 of 18: Door Leading to Steeple]
The door at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It leads to the steeple. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25003/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 6 of 18: Roof View of Steeple and Building]
St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. This picture shows details of the juncture of the roof between the south gable of the sanctuary and the Community Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25017/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 7 of 18: Close Up of Roof Structure]
St. Mark Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas, showing details of the juncture of roof between the south gable and the Community Center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25016/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 8 of 18: Looking at Roof North Side]
Another, tilted view of the south gable of the roof at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, at 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25013/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 9 of 18: Steps in Front of Church]
A view of the roof of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, as seen from the south. This view shows some of the rockwork landscaping on the south side of the church, located at 1201 SE 25th Avenue in Mineral Wells texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25006/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 10 of 18: Sun Shining on Roof]
The south gable of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, a detail of the roof of the Sanctuary and the roof of the hallway connecting the attached Fellowship Hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25043/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 11 of 18: Retaining Wall Leading to Church]
The south entrance to St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas), is shown here, with some of the rockwork landscaping. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25029/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 12 of 18: Close Up of Wood Shingles]
The wooden shingles (shakes) on roof of St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas are shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25044/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 13 of 18: Curved Wood of Steeple]
A tilted picture of the peak of the gable on the north end of the roof, St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas) is shown here. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25036/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 14 of 18: Side View of Wood Shingles]
The roof at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25027/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18: Close Up of Rockwork]
The gable at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25026/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 17 of 18: Architechtural View Looking Up at Steeple]
This picture shows a detail of the gable of the Sanctuary, St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Mineral Wells, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25019/
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 18 of 18, Architectural Close Up View of Steeple]
Looking vertically up the gable at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25018/