Description: Tracks for electric trolley are shown here, being laid along Hubbard Street, at the corner of Oak Avenue and looking east. The Mineral Wells north-south electric railway ran south on Oak Avenue, from approximately NE 9th Street, to SW 21st street, then west to Pollard Creek. The creek was dammed up to form a lake around which a casino, dance pavilion, race track for horses, and playground were built. Elmhurst Park, as it was called, was abandoned when the trolley ceased operations in 1913.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library