You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1930-1939
Sewerage Disposal Plant
Mineral Wells' Sewerage Disposal Plant was built on the site of the former Elmhurst Park on Pollard Creek, approximately 2 miles SSW of the city. The city obtained the park property, and built the sewerage treatment plant during the recovery from the Great Depression of the 1930's. Shown here is a photograph of a clipping from a newspaper. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25102/
Sewing Room
The back of the photograph exhibits a note that this picture was copied from the "Burro", which is the Mineral Wells High School yearbook. The "Sewing Room" was a classroom in the Lillian Peek Home Economics building on the grounds of the high school. The Lillian Peek cottage was built by the WPA in 1937, and was the first free- standing house built specifically for Home Economics education in the State of Texas. It was "Current state of the art" when it was completed. The building now houses the Creative Arts Center, and is used by the local Art Club as an art workshop and museum. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25050/
[A Supervisor at the Crazy Bottling/Crystals Plant]
Identifying information on this photograph is lacking, but it appears to portray a supervisor in the Crazy Bottling/Crystals Plant catching up on the paperwork produced by a day's business. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29411/
The Tattler, May 18, 1934
Student newspaper from Mineral Wells High School in Mineral Wells, Texas. It contains articles about the graduating class of 1934, including information about class officers, class prophecies, caps and gowns, class events, and local advertisements. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16320/
View of Mineral Wells from East Mountain Showing Crazy Hotel & Nazareth Hospital
A view of Mineral Wells from East Mountain, looking West-Northwest is shown here. The Crazy Hotel is visible in the near-left part of the picture, and the Nazareth Hospital in the middle-left, a block Northwest of the Crazy The Norwood Clinic (with its stately white columns), a block northeast of the Nazareth, is located near the center of the picture. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29450/
[Walters International Factories, Inc. - Stock Certificate - Common Stock]
This photograph illustrates a certificate for 12 shares of Common Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. Further information is lamentably lacking. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16335/
[Walters International Factories, Inc.- - Stock Certificate- - Preferred Stock]
This photograph shows a certificate for 12 shares of Preferred Capital Stock in Walters International Factories, Incorporated, formerly belonging to Boyce Ditto. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth16336/
[The Womanless Theater]
This is apparently the picture of a picture of a fund-raiser performed by the Lion's Club. It consisted of a play in which men all played the roles of women. Identified (in print) are the three "ladies" in front: J. B Courtney (Miss Fortune), Charles Williams, and Noble Glenn (Miss Applied). Also identified (in holograph) is Cecil Young, third from the right, presumably among the standing "ladies." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24984/
FIRST PREV 1 NEXT LAST