You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 7 of 8, Jack Dickens and Unknown Man Displaying Their Books]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 7 of 8, Jack Dickens and Unknown Man Displaying Their Books]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells," by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

[Time Was, 1st Edition, Auction, 8 of 8, Auctioneer]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of copies of the first edition of "Time Was in Mineral Wells..." by A. F. Weaver, held at the "Little Rock Schoolhouse." This picture shows the auctioneer, the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, with the autographed Copy Number 1. Author A.F. Weaver looks on in the background.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The TIME WAS Book Auction]

[The TIME WAS Book Auction]

Date: August 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: The auction of first edition of "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells..." The men in picture were: (left to right) the Reverend Mr. Bobby Moore, auctioneer; Art Weaver, author; H. Arthur Zappe, DDS, Mayor of Mineral Wells; and Frost Bowman, Banker. The Reverend Mr. Moore was pastor of the First Baptist Church at the time. Mr. Weaver was a photographer, and the first president of the Mineral Wells Heritage Association. Dr. Zappe was a dentist, and Mr. Bowman was a Director of Mineral Wells Heritage Association.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (1)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (1)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: A home, apparently of Neo-classical style, located at 516 NE 3rd Avenue. This home was built in 1909 by J. S. Murphy. It was owned in 1976 by Kenneth and Mary Brewer. This negative was part of a collection of photographs take by A. F. Weaver, and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (2)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (2)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: This concrete-block house, of Queen Anne style, free classic subtype, parapeted gable, was built in 1904 by Robert Wylie, rancher, at 416 NW 6th Street. This view is of the front, southern elevation of the house. There are 10 room and 8 fireplaces (all coal-burning), each one unique, and believed to have been imported. There are many stained- and leaded-glass windows. The house was purchased in 1917 by the attorney of Mrs. Wylie, Judge W.H. Gross. The Gross family lived there until Mrs. Gross' death in 1952. Subsequent owners were the Luther Waddy family, and Mr. and Mrs. Jack Catrett in 2006. Another view of it is in "Time Was...", by A. F. Weaver, on page 141. This negative was part of a collection of photographs taken by A. F. Weaver, and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (4)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (4)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: This picture illustrates the McFall home, three miles west of the city of Mineral Wells. It was opened in 1927 as the Indian Creek Brazos Valley School. It saw use as a community center, and as a polling place from 1946 to 1970. The McFall's purchased it and converted it into a residence. This negative was part of a collection of photos take by A. F. Weaver and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (5)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (5)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: The Cunningham House (502 NW 23rd Street, Mineral Wells, Texas) was built in the 1930's. It is in Italian Renaissance style, and it shows evidence of later remodeling. It later became the home of E.B. Ritchie, Palo Pinto County Judge from 1904 to 1908. Judge Ritchie was the first of four generations (son George M., grandson John P., great grandson Richard P.) of attorneys and civic Leaders in Palo Pinto County. This negative was part of a collection of photographs take by A. F. Weaver and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [A Train Depot]

[A Train Depot]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: George and Daurice O'Neil purchased the depot,and their son Don helped with the restoration. It is now [2008] used as office rental. Elliot & Waldron Title Company and Gault, Attorney-at-Law, are leasing space there. The building is listed on the National registry in Washington [D.C.] and it sports a Texas Historical Marker. It is featured in "Time Once Was in Mineral Wells" on page 190.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Trolley Car of the] Mineral Wells Electric System

[A Trolley Car of the] Mineral Wells Electric System

Date: 1907?/1913?
Creator: unknown
Description: A "Major" J. D. Beardsley (1837-1911)--a Canadian who fought for the Union in the Civil war--built an electric trolley line that ran from North Oak, south to the train depot, west to Pecan Street (NW 4th Avenue), south on Pecan Street, to the ridge in the Lowe Place Addition, west to Pollard creek, where Mr. Beardsley laid out Elmhurst Park (q.v.). A cross-line on Hubbard street ran east to Elmwood Cemetery. By the end of 1906, Beardsley owned sixteen cars, running on approximately ten miles of tracks. He attempted to obtain backing to install an interurban railway to Weatherford, from Mineral wells, but he met with no success--despite receiving national coverage for his efforts. The panic of 1907 brought an end to the enterprise. Portions of the tracks were removed near the water wells dug by Mr. Ed Dismuke (q.v., in the description field.), by a syndicate of Beardsley's creditors (including D. T. Bomar and Morgan Jones. in 1911). His extensive properties went to several of his other creditors.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Trolley Car of the] Mineral Wells Electric System

[A Trolley Car of the] Mineral Wells Electric System

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows the Mineral Wells Electric System Trolley Car Number 23. The Mineral Wells Electric System operated from 1907 to 1913. The picture appears to have been taken in the 1400 block of W. Hubbard Street, where the street car unloaded passengers for a short hike north to Lake Pinto. The street car reversed here, and traveled across town to Elmwood Cemetery--around NE 17th Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library