You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 County: Palo Pinto County, TX
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18:   Close Up of Rockwork]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18: Close Up of Rockwork]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The gable at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 16 of 18:   Roof Reaching Towards the Heavens]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 16 of 18: Roof Reaching Towards the Heavens]

Date: 1975
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A detail of the gable and roof at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas) is illustrated here.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 17 of 18:   Architechtural View Looking Up at Steeple]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 17 of 18: Architechtural View Looking Up at Steeple]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture shows a detail of the gable of the Sanctuary, St. Mark's Lutheran Church, Mineral Wells, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 18 of 18, Architectural Close Up View of Steeple]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 18 of 18, Architectural Close Up View of Steeple]

Date: 1980
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: Looking vertically up the gable at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
St. Nicholas Hotel

St. Nicholas Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A note with the picture states: The original picture was re-done and re-named the "Delaware Hotel." This picture appears on page 104 in "Time Was..." The building was located at 316 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was eventually destroyed by fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

Date: 1907?
Creator: Dan W. Evans
Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Stage in the Casino [Elmhurst Parkl]

The Stage in the Casino [Elmhurst Parkl]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture illustrates the stage in the casino at Elmhurst Park. Several signs above the stage advertise the (Cafe) Royal, furniture, and the Palace Bar. Two unidentified women and one man stand on the stage. It appears on page 187 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", second edition, 1988.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Stamps & Phillipt  [sic] Demonstrating  Their Automobile

Stamps & Phillipt [sic] Demonstrating Their Automobile

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Stamps and Phillips, inventors, demonstrating their Storm Alarm invention. Note that "Phillips" is spelled with one "l" and a "t" on the hand-written caption. The car is sitting in front of the second Carlsbad drinking pavilion on W. Watts Street (now NW 4th Street.) The photograph was taken during the 1920's.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Standard Park

Standard Park

Date: 1913?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Standard Park not only had a swimming pool, but a movie theater and dancing pavilion for the entertainment of health-seekers. A trolley to it operated at 600 North Oak Street from 1907 to 1913. (Note the Kingsley Hotel above and left of the Standard, built into the side of East Mountain--later destroyed by fire.) First known as the Vichy Well and Natatorium, then later as the Beach, the Standard+ was torn down in World War II; and a USO Club was built here for soldiers at Camp Wolters. The USO building was given to the city after the war, and renamed the North Oak Community Center. The Crazy Water Festival Committee is currently [2003] attempting to restore the Community Center.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Standard Park [and Amusement Park]

Standard Park [and Amusement Park]

Date: 1913?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Trolley goes by Standard Park and Standard Pavilion around 1913. A popular place,the Standard had a swimming pool, amphitheater, dancing and playgrounds. The North Oak Community is now at this location. Information was taken from A.F Weaver's "Time Was" second edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library