You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of Mineral Wells, Texas 1881]

[Photograph of Mineral Wells, Texas 1881]

Date: 1991
Creator: Bevan, James
Description: Photograph of Mineral Wells, Texas, taken in 1881. (Please observe that the picture carries a copyright by A. F. Weaver.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of New Suspension Bridge at Lover's Retreat]

[Photograph of New Suspension Bridge at Lover's Retreat]

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a suspension bridge for pedestrian traffic across Eagle Creek at Lover's Retreat. Formerly a public park, and now on private property, it was located four miles west of Palo Pinto on the old Bankhead Highway (now U.S. Highway 180).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of Public Mineral Water Well]

[Photograph of Public Mineral Water Well]

Date: 1910?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph used on the dust cover of A. F. Weaver's book, "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", Second Edition, 1988 It is identified as "Visitors to Mineral Wells at 'Public Mineral Water Well' around 1910. The picture was furnished by Mrs. Raymond York. On left is Ellie Landry of Dallas. Second from right is Mrs. William Whitehead Gardner of Lawrence, Texas, grandmother of Raymond York of Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of Suspension Bridge over Brazos River]

[Photograph of Suspension Bridge over Brazos River]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of suspension bridge being built over the Brazos river near the town of Brazos, in Palo Pinto county. The view is looking west. An inscription on the mounting of the photograph reads: "A Photographic Souvenir from Mineral Wells, the Great Health and Pleasure Resort of Texas."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of Suspension Bridge Over the Brazos River]

[Photograph of Suspension Bridge Over the Brazos River]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a suspension bridge being built over the Brazos River near the town of Brazos, in Palo Pinto County. Printed in the corner of the mount is "A Photographic Souvenir from Mineral Wells, the Great Health and Pleasure Resort of Texas."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of Suspension Bridge Over the Brazos River]

[Photograph of Suspension Bridge Over the Brazos River]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a suspension bridge being built over the Brazos river near the town of Brazos, in Palo Pinto county. Three adults and a child in early twentieth-century clothes are obscurely visible in the lower left-center. The view is looking east.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of the First Mineral Wells Golf Country Club]

[Photograph of the First Mineral Wells Golf Country Club]

Date: 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: A photograph of the first clubhouse of The Mineral Wells Golf and Country Club is shown here. This picture comes from Knights of Pythias Album, 1925. The swimming area and lifeguard station can be seen at the far left of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of The Piedmont Hotel]

[Photograph of The Piedmont Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Piedmont Hotel, located on NE 2nd Avenue and East Hubbard Street, was demolished to make room for the Baker Hotel Garage. Before its destruction, it was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of the Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

[Photograph of the Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a streetcar about to enter Elmhurst Park by way of North Oak Street.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Photograph of View from West Mountain]

[Photograph of View from West Mountain]

Date: 1914?
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph taken after the Chautauqua was demolished (that is, about 1912). The foundation can be seen in the upper right quadrant. The Post Office, completed in 1913, is visible to the right of the Chautauqua ruins. The old viewing tower on the top of the hill, destroyed by a tornado in 1930, is just barely visible in the trees on top of the hill. The first Crazy Hotel and Crazy Flats drinking pavilion, which burned in 1925, are seen one block northwest of the Post Office. The Murphy home is on top of the hill in the middle of the photograph. The Hexagon Hotel (torn down in 1959) is just above and left of the center. The Vichy Well is just to the right of the Hexagon House, and is now the location of the North Oak Community Center. In the the next block north (left) of the Hexagon House, facing west, is the Fairfield Inn with a ground-level entrance on each floor. Note the city's water tower at left center.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Beta Preview