You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Rock School Bell]

[The Rock School Bell]

Date: unknown
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The "Little Rock School" was Mineral Wells' first public school, built in 1884. The school bell, mounted in a bell tower atop the building, called students to class by ringing 10 minutes before school time; and again at the beginning of the class period. It is now currently on display at the Little Rock School Museum, dedicated to preserving the history of Mineral Wells. This picture is found on page 172 of A. F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", First Edition, with a notation: "The original bell for the old 'Rock School' was found years later in the water department warehouse. R. L. (Pete) Cook is on the left and Derrell Stricklin is on the right."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Rock School House]

[The Rock School House]

Date: 1974
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The Rock School, erected in 1884, was Mineral Wells' first public school. It was last used in 1957 as a band hall. It was leased to the Mineral Wells Heritage Association in 1974, renovated and converted to a museum dedicated to the preservation of the history of the City of Mineral Wells. This picture appears to have been taken at the time of its renovation and conversion, as the worker on the ladder makes evident. The bell tower has been enclosed, and window screens and doors have been painted or replaced. The property now belongs to the Fifty Year Club, but the museum is still operated by the non-profit Heritage Association.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Roundtree Sanitarium

Roundtree Sanitarium

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sam Houston School

Sam Houston School

Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Description: Students, teachers and principal D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School in March 1954 stand outside the school building.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954

The Sam Houston School--- An Afternoon Group of 1954

Date: March 1954
Creator: Daniel, W.L.
Description: Students, teachers and the principal, D.R. Hudson, of the Sam Houston School's Afternoon Group are shown here in March of 1954. The picture was taken outside the school building.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Sam Whatley & Mr. & Mrs.  Evans Holland ]

[Sam Whatley & Mr. & Mrs. Evans Holland ]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Sam Whatley (left), representing Young Motor Company, presents a check to Mr. & Mrs. Evans Holland (right) for the winning slogan, "Cadillac Every Time for Better Motor Service." Sam was service manager for the motor company, located at 316 East Hubbard Street. The picture is featured in "Time Once was in Mineral Wells" on page 185.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Sam Whatley Presenting Check to Slogan Contest Winner]

[Sam Whatley Presenting Check to Slogan Contest Winner]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Sam Whatley (dressed in a Cadillac uniform), the Service Manager for the Young Motor Company (a local Cadillac dealership), presents a check to Mr. and Mrs. Evans Holland, winners of a slogan contest. The winning slogan was "Cadillac every time for better motor service." The microphone above them is labeled as belonging to station KORC, which opened December 5, 1946. It changed its name to KJSA in 1983, when the station was sold to Jerry Snyder. A colophon on the lower right identifies "SW Photo" as the photographer. (The picture occurs on page 185 of TIME WAS, second edition.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sancura Sprudel Water

Sancura Sprudel Water

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Sangcura Sprudel Fire]

[The Sangcura Sprudel Fire]

Date: December 5, 1973
Creator: unknown
Description: The Sangcura-Sprudel Well drinking pavilion was originally located at 800 N.W. 2nd Avenue. It was moved to 314 N.W. 5th Street. The porches on the building were enclosed, and it was converted to a rooming house. It burned December 5, 1973, just five minutes before the start of the Mineral Wells Christmas Parade. The remaining part of the Period Hotel on N.W. 4th Avenue, which also burned at another date, was converted into apartments that can be seen through the smoke in the upper left of the picture. This photograph is found on page 64 of A.F Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells,"' First Edition, 1974.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Sangcura-Sprudel Well Building Fire]

[The Sangcura-Sprudel Well Building Fire]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The original Sangcura Sprudel Company was located at 800 NW 2nd Avenue. The original building was built by George McAtee. It was sold to Bert Gibson of Gibson Wells Water Company in 1908, and later passed into the possession of the Crazy Well Water Company. It maintained a large pavilion, dance hall and skating rink for several seasons. It--evidently just the house portion--was later moved to 314 N.W. 5th Street. The porches were enclosed, and it was converted into a rooming house. The building burned on December 5, 1973, five minutes before the annual Christmas Parade in Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library