You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Star House]

[The Star House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Star House was built about 1900, and owned by Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Ramsey. This 34-room hotel, situated at 315 Coke Street,(since re-named NW 2nd Street), was one of Mineral Wells' early hotels. The Star House also operated the Star Well, located 2 blocks east of the hotel on Mesquite Street (now NE 2nd Avenue), north of the current Baker Hotel. The Star House was destroyed by fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Star House]

[The Star House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Star Well Water Company

The Star Well Water Company

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Star Well Water Company was located in the 200 block of NE 1st Avenue (then called "Mesquite Street"). A. F. Weaver remarks on page 53 of "Time Was...," that "Selling mineral water and establishing bath houses was[sic]big business for 'The Nations Greatest Health Resort'."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Star Well  (Winter Scene)

Star Well (Winter Scene)

Date: 1899?
Creator: unknown
Description: "Winter Scene--Shipping Star Well Water--From Min Wells Texas" The Star Well was located at the northeast corner of the intersection of NE 1st Street and NE 1st Avenue, across the street and north of the Baker Hotel. The telephone building is currently [2008] located there. A "date", handwritten on the bottom right corner of image, reads--possibly--"1899", which would explain the unpaved street and the lack of automobiles.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Strange Structure [article]

Strange Structure [article]

Date: unknown
Creator: Neal, Maid J.
Description: An article written by Maid J. Neal, in an unknown publication, describes the construction and design of the Hexagon Hotel, which was built in 1895-1897 by D. G. Galbraith. See also "Hexagon Hotel" [with history]for further details.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

[The Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Mineral Wells residents and visitors could ride a streetcar out of town to Elmhurst Park. The streetcar in the picture had come to the park by way of North Oak Street. After a ride from town, the passengers could walk across the swinging bridge which spanned Pollard Creek to enter Elmhurst Park. This photograph is to be found on page 86 of "Time Was..." (Second Edition), by A. F. Weaver.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Street Parade / West Texas C. of C. Convention / Mineral Wells 1925

Street Parade / West Texas C. of C. Convention / Mineral Wells 1925

Date: unknown
Creator: Clemons, Basil
Description: A parade on North Oak Avenue in Mineral Wells, Texas is the subject of this picture. Businesses partaking of it include Poston Dry Goods, a bath house, the Hexagon Hotel, Palace Drugs, American Cafe, and the Caldwell Hotel. American flags, Texas flags, and various banners are hanging from the buildings. The parade is moving south (while the picture is looking north) on N. Oak Avenue, at its intersection with SE 1st Street It was held during the West Texas Chamber of Commerce Convention of 1925. The photograph bears the colophon of Basil Clemens Photo Company of Breckenridge, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[ A Street Scene]

[ A Street Scene]

Date: unknown
Creator: Clarence Winfield Simonds
Description: This picture comes from one of 17 (4X4) negatives that were found in an envelope from Charles W. Simonds (Route 5, Box 43, Norman, Oklahoma, 73069), postmarked Aug. 4, 1975, and addressed to A.F. Weaver Photography. Also on the envelope, are some telephone numbers and "Father - C.W. Simonds (Clarence Winfield.) The scene is believed to show some of the large homes on the east slope of West Mountain, in the 600 block of NW 6th Street, taken at about the time of their construction. The home in the foreground appears to be the site of the former Episcopal Parsonage (the church adjoins the parsonage to the north (left of the picture).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Street Scene From the Early 20th Century]

[A Street Scene From the Early 20th Century]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture of North Oak Street, taken in the early 20th century is shown here. Cars are present on the street,(note the curb) which was paved in 1914. An electrical power line, in the left middle of the photograph, burned March 15, 1925. The Hexagon Hotel may be seen obscurely at the edge of the business district at the lower far right of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Street Scene:  Highways 281 and 180]

[A Street Scene: Highways 281 and 180]

Date: 2005
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture, looking north on US Highway 281 from NW 1st Street to its intersection with US highway 180 (Hubbard Street). The first building on the right is Lynch Plaza, the location of the discovery of the mineral water well that gave Mineral Wells its name and made it the leading health spa in the state. Other businesses are: Cole's Florist on the west (left) corner of the block opposite Lynch Plaza, Poston's Dry goods (the low building in middle of block north of Cole's), First State Bank on the corner north of Lynch Plaza. The Crazy Hotel can be seen in the distance; three blocks up the street on the left. Oak Street was widened, with turn lanes, in 2005.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library