You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 18 of 18, Architectural Close Up View of Steeple]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 18 of 18, Architectural Close Up View of Steeple]

Date: 1980
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: Looking vertically up the gable at St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 1201 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
St. Nicholas Hotel

St. Nicholas Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A note with the picture states: The original picture was re-done and re-named the "Delaware Hotel." This picture appears on page 104 in "Time Was..." The building was located at 316 N. Oak Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas. It was eventually destroyed by fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

[The St. Nicholas Hotel]

Date: 1907?
Creator: Dan W. Evans
Description: A group of men stand in front of the St. Nicholas Hotel. A colophon at the lower right designates this picture as a photographic souvenir from Minerals Wells, taken by Dan W. Evans. The building had a varied history. It was first (in 1904) an unnamed two-and-one-half-story sanitarium, then re-named the St. Nicholas Hotel, and then later it became the Delaware Hotel. It was located at N. Oak and NE 3rd Street. The building was eventually consumed by fire on October of 1907. The back of photograph has a T and P Railway logotype and this information about the Jericho Fine Photo Company: "Mountain and Donkey Groups, View Souvenirs and Scenery of Min-Wells, Kodak Supplies and Finishing, Button and Stamp Photos a Specialty. Dan W. Evans Prop. Min Wells, Tex."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Stage in the Casino [Elmhurst Parkl]

The Stage in the Casino [Elmhurst Parkl]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture illustrates the stage in the casino at Elmhurst Park. Several signs above the stage advertise the (Cafe) Royal, furniture, and the Palace Bar. Two unidentified women and one man stand on the stage. It appears on page 187 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells", second edition, 1988.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Stamps & Phillipt  [sic] Demonstrating  Their Automobile

Stamps & Phillipt [sic] Demonstrating Their Automobile

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Stamps and Phillips, inventors, demonstrating their Storm Alarm invention. Note that "Phillips" is spelled with one "l" and a "t" on the hand-written caption. The car is sitting in front of the second Carlsbad drinking pavilion on W. Watts Street (now NW 4th Street.) The photograph was taken during the 1920's.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Standard Park

Standard Park

Date: 1913?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Standard Park not only had a swimming pool, but a movie theater and dancing pavilion for the entertainment of health-seekers. A trolley to it operated at 600 North Oak Street from 1907 to 1913. (Note the Kingsley Hotel above and left of the Standard, built into the side of East Mountain--later destroyed by fire.) First known as the Vichy Well and Natatorium, then later as the Beach, the Standard+ was torn down in World War II; and a USO Club was built here for soldiers at Camp Wolters. The USO building was given to the city after the war, and renamed the North Oak Community Center. The Crazy Water Festival Committee is currently [2003] attempting to restore the Community Center.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Standard Park [and Amusement Park]

Standard Park [and Amusement Park]

Date: 1913?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Trolley goes by Standard Park and Standard Pavilion around 1913. A popular place,the Standard had a swimming pool, amphitheater, dancing and playgrounds. The North Oak Community is now at this location. Information was taken from A.F Weaver's "Time Was" second edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Standard  [Well and Amusement Park]

Standard [Well and Amusement Park]

Date: 1942?
Creator: unknown
Description: Formerly the Vichy Well, it was re-named the Standard Well and Amusement Park. Note the large mineral water bottle sign in the lower right hand corner of the picture. The building was torn down during World War II, and replaced by USO Club. The North Oak Community Center is at this location as of 2008. Information about it was taken from A.F. Weaver "Time Was" page 67.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Star House]

[The Star House]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Star House was built about 1900, and owned by Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Ramsey. This 34-room hotel, situated at 315 Coke Street,(since re-named NW 2nd Street), was one of Mineral Wells' early hotels. The Star House also operated the Star Well, located 2 blocks east of the hotel on Mesquite Street (now NE 2nd Avenue), north of the current Baker Hotel. The Star House was destroyed by fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Star House

Star House

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Star House was built about 1900,and owned by Mr. and Mrs. J. J. Ramsey. This 34-room hotel was situated at 315 Coke Street. A colophon at the bottom of the picture, barely legible, reads: "1903 Ramsey House Mineral Wells, Texas John Ramsey Ima Ramsey." This photograph appears on page 105 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells", Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library