You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
 Resource Type: Photograph
[Groundbreaking, Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center]

[Groundbreaking, Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center]

Date: 1964
Creator: Don Barnett Photography
Description: Six men in suits dig shovels into dirt at the groundbreaking of the Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center in 1964. The name tag of the man second from the left reads "Jake Feldman" and the man third from the left has a name tag which says "Louis Bockstein," the other men are unknown. The sign in the background reads: "Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center Cadenhead Construction Co. Inc. General Contractor Wyatt C. Hedrick Architect - Engineer Sub-Contractors" The names below "Sub-Contractors" are obscured by the men in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Main sanctuary at new synagogue, Beth-El Congregation]

[Main sanctuary at new synagogue, Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Fittipaldi, Mary Ann
Description: Panoramic photograph of the interior of of the synagogue of the Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd in Fort Worth which was completed in August of 2000. The photograph was taken from the balcony. The seating on the floor fills the bottom half of the photo while large stained-glass windows fill the back wall.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's 50th anniversary]

[Cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's 50th anniversary]

Date: 1952
Creator: Hal Blake Photography
Description: Photograph of the cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's fiftieth anniversary, from 1902 to 1952. The cake is shaped like a book, a popular cake design in the 1950s. The left side of the cake reads "Fiftieth Anniversary" and the right reads "Beth-El Congregation 1902 - 1952."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

Date: 1948
Creator: J. Allison
Description: Photograph of the second synagogue of Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish house of worship. The photo appears to have been taken in 1948 after the temple was refurbished due to a 1946 fire that gutted the interior. The red-brick building, at 207 W. Broadway Ave., has two-stories plus a basement with a social hall and kitchen. The building's facade has a frieze above the entry with a quote from Psalms ("Give Ear, O Lord, Unto My Prayer") as well as two menorahs above the frieze. There are also stained-glass windows around the entrance and along the length of the building. A handwritten note on the back of the photo says, "Exterior 2nd Temple. 207 W. Broadway."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Floating Star, Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

[Floating Star, Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Date: 1948
Creator: Joe Weisberg
Description: Photograph of the floating star which was suspended from the ceiling as part of the interior design of the sanctuary when Beth-El was rebuilt in 1948 after the 1946 fire. The interior designer was the Hungarian-American architect Erno Fabry.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Ark and Bimah, main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation]

[Ark and Bimah, main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph, taken in 2000, of the "bimah" or altar in the main sanctuary at Beth-El Congregation, 207 W. Broadway, Fort Worth. The building was constructed in 1920, rebuilt in 1948 after a fire gutted the interior, and remodeled in 1981. The 1948 rebuilding and redesign were by the Hungarian-American interior designer Erno Fabry. His design ideas include the stone wall behind the altar, built with reddish Colorado travertine, the ark (which contained the Torahs) framed with gray-veined cremo-Italian marble, as well as the gate with its Art Deco design, and the copper-colored menorahs flanking the ark. In 1981, architect-designer John Mike Cohen of St. Louis oversaw a major remodeling of the sanctuary with peach carpet, chairs, and fiberglass lights resembling a flock of dove.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the entrance to the synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Ave. that served Beth-El Congregation from 1920 to 2000. The building has two stories plus a basement with a social hall and kitchen. It is constructed of red brick and limestone. In the photo, the facade has a frieze above the entry with a quote from Psalms ("Give Ear, O Lord, Unto My Prayer") as well as two limestone menorahs above the quotation. The stained-glass windows on the front and side of the building are protected by storm windows. This image shows the front of the building shortly before the congregation moved to a new location across town. Several of the decorative features, particularly the frieze and limestone arches, are stained with black marks from 80 years of air pollution. When the congregation moved in August of 2000, the frieze, menorahs, and a Ten-Commandment carving were removed from the facade and replaced with red brick.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the exterior gate of the new Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd. The Star of David is in the center of the gate with lines radiating outward from it. The new synagogue is visible through the gate.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

[Interior of Beth-El Congregation Sanctuary]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the interior of the second house of worship for Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation after being remodeled in 1981. This image was taken with the main lights turned off to show the sanctuary's 72 Castelli fiberglass lights, which evoke the imagery of a flock of doves. The stained glass in the background dates to the 1948 remodeling.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Breastplate]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Breastplate]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a breastplate with twelve squares of color, representing the vestments worn by the Levites, the priestly tribe. Each of the twelve squares, colored like a precious gem, stands for one of the 12 Tribes of Israel. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This pane was transferred to a window in the Hall of Remembrance when Beth-El Congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST