You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Date: May 26, 1909
Creator: Rabbi George Zepin
Description: Confirmation Bible, Beth-El Congregation. Presented to Rose Levenson for Confirmation on Shevuoth, May 26, 1909 at Fort Worth, Texas by Rabbi George Zepin. Title page and inscription of the bible states that this volume contains "the Twenty-Four Books of the Holy Scriptures, carefully translated according to the Massoretic text, after the best Jewish authority by Isaac Lesser."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Painting #1, montage of ritual images at Beth-El]

[Painting #1, montage of ritual images at Beth-El]

Date: 2004
Creator: Rand, Archie
Description: Painting #1 which is a montage mural painting of ritual images in the foyer of Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth. The artist was Archie Rand.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Painting #2, montage of ritual images at Beth-El]

[Painting #2, montage of ritual images at Beth-El]

Date: 2004
Creator: Rand, Archie
Description: Painting #2 which is a montage mural painting of ritual images in the foyer of Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth. The artist was Archie Rand.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee]

[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee]

Date: 1999
Creator: Schweitzer, Leonard
Description: Photograph of Beth-El's Building Committee. Four of the committee members are seated around a wooden table, the other four members are standing behind them. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say "Briarhaven Planning Committee" "from Len S. Construction book" and list the persons in the photo from left to right. Front row: Lynny Sankary, [Committee Chairman] Irwin Krauss, Judith Cohen, Billy Rosenthal Back row: Ken Baum, Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger, Dr. Ira Hollander, Shelden Anisman.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee Discussing Plans]

[Beth-El Congregation Building Committee Discussing Plans]

Date: 1999
Creator: Schweitzer, Leonard
Description: Photograph of Beth-El's Building Committee. The committee members are standing around a wooden table looking at the building plans. Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say "Briarhaven Planning Committee" "from Len S. Construction book" and list the persons in the photo from left to right. Clockwise from left: David Stanford (architect), [Committee Chairman] Irwin Krauss, Ken Baum, Lynny Sankary, Sheldon Anisman, Jane Manning & Bob Wagnon (designers), Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger, Judith Cohen.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's Second Synagogue]

Date: 1970
Creator: Stenzler, Marty
Description: Photograph of the front entrance of the second house of worship for Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation. The two-story building at 207 W. Broadway Ave., was constructed with red brick and limestone accents. The temple's facade has a frieze above the entry with a quote from Psalms ("Give Ear, O Lord, Unto My Prayer") as well as two menorahs above the entrance. There are many stained-glass windows on the front and side of the building, protected by storm windows. At the far right of the photograph, Broadway Baptist Church is visible behind the synagogue. There is also a car in the bottom right corner, and a lamppost with the street names "Galveston" and "W. Broadway" in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

Date: 1915
Creator: The Jewish Monitor
Description: Photograph of Temple Beth-El, the first house of worship for Beth-El, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation. It was a two-story, neo-classical synagogue constructed of wood and stucco. Above the columned entrance was a wooden Star of David, beneath which were the Hebrew words "Y'he Or," meaning "Let There Be Light." Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say, "Beth-El Congregation's 1st synagogue; built 1908 @ 5th & Taylor Streets. Photo from The Jewish Monitor, 1915. Greek Revival Style, The Hebrew Lettering says: 'Let there be light.'"
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

Date: 1928
Creator: White Studio
Description: Photograph of Ben Levy's grave and tombstone in the Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in October of 1928. The grave is covered with flowers. Ben Levy, (b. 8-31-1881, d.10-14-1928) was a jeweler. This is the family plot in which his parents and brothers are also buried.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Chapel]

[Chapel]

Date: 2001
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Color photograph of the small sanctuary in Beth-El Congregation's building at 4900 Briarhaven Road in Fort Worth.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2001
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Color photograph of the exterior of Beth-El Congregation's building at 4900 Briarhaven Road, Fort Worth, which was constructed in 2000. The stone menorah, prominently displayed on the side of the building in relief, was removed from the facade of Beth-El's previous synagogue and placed at the entrance to the new building. A matching menorah flanks the other side of the entrance.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives