You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery]

Date: 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1898 funeral of David Linsky (1850-1898) at Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in the 1400 block of S. Main Street in Fort Worth. Many horse-drawn buggies and drivers surround the cemetery, which is on a dirt street two miles south of downtown. Linsky, 48, was a member of Woodmen of the World, a fraternal lodge which provided the tombstone for his grave.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Organizing Meeting of Beth-El Congregation]

[Organizing Meeting of Beth-El Congregation]

Date: September 21, 1902
Creator: Carb, Isadore, congregation secretary
Description: Minutes from the organizing meeting of the Beth-El Congregation in Fort Worth on September 21, 1902.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Tarrant County Clerk's Daily Report for Oct. 3 and Oct. 4, 1902

Tarrant County Clerk's Daily Report for Oct. 3 and Oct. 4, 1902

Date: October 4, 1902
Creator: unknown
Description: Daily Report of the Tarrant County Clerk's office on October 3-4, 1902. Included are lists of deeds granted, deeds of trust, chattel cottages, and proceedings in the district and justice courts. "Claude Butler, proprietor" is printed at the top of the document. On the reverse side are handwritten minutes from Beth-El Congregation's third organizing meeting.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Minutes, third meeting of Beth-El Congregation, October 5, 1902]

[Minutes, third meeting of Beth-El Congregation, October 5, 1902]

Date: October 5, 1902
Creator: Carb, Isidore, congregation secretary
Description: Minutes from the third meeting of Beth-El Congregation, Oct. 5, 1902, handwritten in pencil on the back of a courthouse circular. The reverse side of the minutes is a Courthouse Circular, dated Oct. 3, 1902.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Program from Confirmation Service of Congregation Beth-El

Program from Confirmation Service of Congregation Beth-El

Date: June 1905
Creator: Congregation Beth-El
Description: Program from the Confirmation Service of Congregation Beth-El in Fort Worth, Texas on June 9, 1905. It contains the names of the confirmation students, and the order of the program.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Certificate]

[Certificate]

Date: March 22, 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: Union of American Hebrew Congregations certificate of membership for Beth-El Congregation of Fort Worth. The certificate is orange in color and has a star-burst design radiating out from a scroll in the center. There is Hebrew text at the top beneath which is the quotation: "Come, let us take counsel together. --Nch. 6:7." The text on the scroll states: The Union of American Hebrew Congregations Established 1873 Hereby certifies that Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, Texas on March 22, 1907 (Nisan 7, 5667) became a duly affiliated member, entitled to all the rights and privileges of membership and to full participation in its plans and activities for the PERPETUATION AND PROGRESS OF JUDAISM IN AMERICA. Samuel S Hollender Chairman, Executive Board Maurice N. Eisendrath President Presented on November 5, 1955.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Date: May 26, 1909
Creator: Rabbi George Zepin
Description: Confirmation Bible, Beth-El Congregation. Presented to Rose Levenson for Confirmation on Shevuoth, May 26, 1909 at Fort Worth, Texas by Rabbi George Zepin. Title page and inscription of the bible states that this volume contains "the Twenty-Four Books of the Holy Scriptures, carefully translated according to the Massoretic text, after the best Jewish authority by Isaac Lesser."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

[Beth-El Congregation's First Synagogue]

Date: 1915
Creator: The Jewish Monitor
Description: Photograph of Temple Beth-El, the first house of worship for Beth-El, Fort Worth's Reform Jewish congregation. It was a two-story, neo-classical synagogue constructed of wood and stucco. Above the columned entrance was a wooden Star of David, beneath which were the Hebrew words "Y'he Or," meaning "Let There Be Light." Handwritten notes on the back of the photograph say, "Beth-El Congregation's 1st synagogue; built 1908 @ 5th & Taylor Streets. Photo from The Jewish Monitor, 1915. Greek Revival Style, The Hebrew Lettering says: 'Let there be light.'"
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

Date: 1928
Creator: White Studio
Description: Photograph of Ben Levy's grave and tombstone in the Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in October of 1928. The grave is covered with flowers. Ben Levy, (b. 8-31-1881, d.10-14-1928) was a jeweler. This is the family plot in which his parents and brothers are also buried.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, 1933

Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, 1933

Date: 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth, including the declarations of the Rabbi and the Unison Readings of the congregation during the Shabuoth and Confirmation service of 1933, during which students graduating from the religious school are confirmed. The list of confirmands is on the 4th page.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST