You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
 Language: English
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
[Beth- El Congregation Second Mortgage Bond - $500.00]

[Beth- El Congregation Second Mortgage Bond - $500.00]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Beth-El Congregation Second Mortgage Bond of $500 with payment coupons included. They were signed by Beth-El President Herman Lederman and Secretary Louis Morris.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's 50th anniversary]

[Cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's 50th anniversary]

Date: 1952
Creator: Hal Blake Photography
Description: Photograph of the cake celebrating Beth-El Congregation's fiftieth anniversary, from 1902 to 1952. The cake is shaped like a book, a popular cake design in the 1950s. The left side of the cake reads "Fiftieth Anniversary" and the right reads "Beth-El Congregation 1902 - 1952."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Certificate]

[Certificate]

Date: March 22, 1907
Creator: unknown
Description: Union of American Hebrew Congregations certificate of membership for Beth-El Congregation of Fort Worth. The certificate is orange in color and has a star-burst design radiating out from a scroll in the center. There is Hebrew text at the top beneath which is the quotation: "Come, let us take counsel together. --Nch. 6:7." The text on the scroll states: The Union of American Hebrew Congregations Established 1873 Hereby certifies that Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, Texas on March 22, 1907 (Nisan 7, 5667) became a duly affiliated member, entitled to all the rights and privileges of membership and to full participation in its plans and activities for the PERPETUATION AND PROGRESS OF JUDAISM IN AMERICA. Samuel S Hollender Chairman, Executive Board Maurice N. Eisendrath President Presented on November 5, 1955.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Confirmation Announcement, 1989]

[Confirmation Announcement, 1989]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Announcement of the Confirmation Class of 1989 "Beth-El Congregation Confirmation Class 1989 Philip Bronstein Brian Roper Andrew Bzostek Jessica Ross Tyler Cohen Hamilton Schwartz Jacqueline Miller Michelle Stein Sara Beth Oderberg Mark Weiner invite you to join them for the Confirmation Service on Friday, June 2, 1989 eight o'clock in the evening in the Sanctuary at Temple Beth-El Galveston and Broadway A reception will follow in the Temple Parlor
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Confirmation Bible of Rose Levenson, Beth-El Congregation

Date: May 26, 1909
Creator: Rabbi George Zepin
Description: Confirmation Bible, Beth-El Congregation. Presented to Rose Levenson for Confirmation on Shevuoth, May 26, 1909 at Fort Worth, Texas by Rabbi George Zepin. Title page and inscription of the bible states that this volume contains "the Twenty-Four Books of the Holy Scriptures, carefully translated according to the Massoretic text, after the best Jewish authority by Isaac Lesser."
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Confirmation Certificate, 1989]

[Confirmation Certificate, 1989]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Confirmation Certificate to Mark Weiner. (Torah Quotation in left hand corner) "Ye shall be holy for I the Lord your God am Holy" - Lev.19:2 (Corresponding text in Hebrew in opposite corner) "CONFIRMATION CERTIFICATE THIS IS TO RECORD THAT Mark Weiner WAS CONFIRMED IN THE FAITH OF ISRAEL ON June 2 1989 29 Iyar 5749 IN THE PRESENCE OF THE CONGREGATION Beth-El Fort Worth, Texas" Signature 1 Signature 2 Signature 3 (Torah quotation on bottom) "All that the Lord hath spoken we will do and we will obey" - ex.24:7
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Class of 1963

Confirmation Class of 1963

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Cameo portraits of the confirmation class of 1963, Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth. Top corners: Cheryl Bernstein, Renee Schwartz Row 1: Marcia Rosenthal, Carol Cohn, Robert Archenhold, Miriam Winesanker, Ed Nussbaum, Nina Propper, Kim Herman, Linda Wisch Row 2: Susan Cohen, Adele Echt, Richard Slatkin, Frances Ginsburg, David Mater, Camille Joseph, Gary Steinberger, Susan Ellman Row 3: Carol Goldman, Arlene Schwartz, Rickie Bodner, Ronnie Sherman, Max Levy, Mary A. Glicksman, Mike Stuart, Joan Labovitz Not shown: Henry Jorman, Jerry Meyerson
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Confirmation Class of 1979]

[Confirmation Class of 1979]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Individual cameo portraits of the confirmation class of 1979 at Fort Worth's Beth-El Congregation. Split into two pages taken from a synagogue bulletin. Left Page, Top Row: Robert Stein, Leslie Rosen, Craig Berlin Left Page, Bottom Row: Gary Margolis, Robin Stien, Daniel Rousch Right Page, Top Row: Rick Klotz, Evan Pritchard, Tracey Dubosar Right Page, Bottom Row: Lisa Mack, Tobi Taub, Leslie Freed
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, 1933

Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation Fort Worth, 1933

Date: 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: Confirmation Program, Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth, including the declarations of the Rabbi and the Unison Readings of the congregation during the Shabuoth and Confirmation service of 1933, during which students graduating from the religious school are confirmed. The list of confirmands is on the 4th page.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Congregation Ahavath Sholom and its Hebrew Institute]

[Congregation Ahavath Sholom and its Hebrew Institute]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior photograph of Congregation Ahavath Sholom and the Hebrew Institute in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth. The building on the right with the arched windows is the synagogue of Congregation Ahavath Sholom, which was constructed in 1906. Next door is the Hebrew Institute, constructed in 1910. From 1910 until 1951 the Hebrew Institute served as a place for Hebrew School classes and meetings. It also had a gymnasium and a banquet hall. There are two "For Lease" signs on the front of the building. Adhered to the front of the photograph is a typed piece of paper which says "By 1950, downtown skyscrapers dwarfed Ahavath Sholom Synagogue and the Hebrew Institute at 819 Taylor Street." In 1951, Ahavath Sholom sold the downtown properties to the Danciger family. The synagogue was razed to create a parking lot. The Hebrew Institute was renamed the Danciger Building and converted into office space. The Federal Building now occupies this stretch of Taylor Street.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST