You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
 Collection: Where the West Begins: Capturing Fort Worth's Historic Treasures
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

Date: 1928
Creator: White Studio
Description: Photograph of Ben Levy's grave and tombstone in the Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in October of 1928. The grave is covered with flowers. Ben Levy, (b. 8-31-1881, d.10-14-1928) was a jeweler. This is the family plot in which his parents and brothers are also buried.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2001
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Color photograph of the exterior of Beth-El Congregation's building at 4900 Briarhaven Road, Fort Worth, which was constructed in 2000. The stone menorah, prominently displayed on the side of the building in relief, was removed from the facade of Beth-El's previous synagogue and placed at the entrance to the new building. A matching menorah flanks the other side of the entrance.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the exterior gate of the new Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd. The Star of David is in the center of the gate with lines radiating outward from it. The new synagogue is visible through the gate.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Facade, Beth-El Congregation, 207 W. Broadway Ave, Ft Worth]

[Facade, Beth-El Congregation, 207 W. Broadway Ave, Ft Worth]

Date: 1999
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior facade of the Beth-El Congregation at 207 W. Broadway Ave in Fort Worth. The building is red brick with three sets of double doors on the front of the building. There are two relief menorahs on the front of the building on either side of a circular window.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Façade, Beth-El Congregation, 1949]

[Façade, Beth-El Congregation, 1949]

Date: 1951
Creator: Lawrence Thomas-Allen Co.
Description: Exterior photograph of the facade of the Beth-El Congregation synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Avenue in Fort Worth. The building was restored after a fire. The congregation occupied the building from 1920 until 2000. It is still standing.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Gernsbacher Cafe Supply Co.]

[Gernsbacher Cafe Supply Co.]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Gernsbacher Cafe Supply Company, located at 1011 Houston Street in Fort Worth around the year 1950. The building is three stories tall, the cafe supply is on the ground floor, with what look to be apartments on the 2nd and 3rd floors. There is a truck with "Gernsbacher Cafe Supplies" printed on the driver's door. Several people are standing outside the store looking at the camera.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Groundbreaking, Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center]

[Groundbreaking, Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center]

Date: 1964
Creator: Don Barnett Photography
Description: Six men in suits dig shovels into dirt at the groundbreaking of the Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center in 1964. The name tag of the man second from the left reads "Jake Feldman" and the man third from the left has a name tag which says "Louis Bockstein," the other men are unknown. The sign in the background reads: "Dan Danciger Jewish Community Center Cadenhead Construction Co. Inc. General Contractor Wyatt C. Hedrick Architect - Engineer Sub-Contractors" The names below "Sub-Contractors" are obscured by the men in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Hebrew Institute to Congregation Ahavath Sholom]

[Hebrew Institute to Congregation Ahavath Sholom]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior photograph of the Hebrew Institute to Congregation Ahavath Sholom in the 800 block Taylor Street in Fort Worth. From 1910 until 1951 the building served as a place for Hebrew School classes and meetings, it also functioned as a gym. There are two "For Lease" signs on the front of the building.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Henry and Julia Faulk Gernsbacher. 1930]

[Henry and Julia Faulk Gernsbacher. 1930]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Henry and Julia Faulk Gernsbacher (1859-1935) pose for their 50th wedding anniversary photo in 1930. Henry Gernsbacher (1858-1936), a kitchen-supply merchant, was the founder of Fort Worth's Beth-El Congregation. The couple had six sons. Their family business remained in operation until the end of the century.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Holiday of Succot, ca. 1949-1950]

[Holiday of Succot, ca. 1949-1950]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Students of the Beth-El Congregation celebrate the Holiday of Succot around 1949-1950. They built a succah, a tabernacle or booth covered with seasonal greens and fruits, on the altar of the synagogue at 207 W. Broadway Ave., Fort Worth.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives