You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Congregation Ahavath Sholom]

[Congregation Ahavath Sholom]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior photograph of Congregation Ahavath Sholom at 819 Taylor Street in Fort Worth which was razed in 1951. The brick building was constructed in 1906.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Congregation Ahavath Sholom and its Hebrew Institute]

[Congregation Ahavath Sholom and its Hebrew Institute]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior photograph of Congregation Ahavath Sholom and the Hebrew Institute in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth. The building on the right with the arched windows is the synagogue of Congregation Ahavath Sholom, which was constructed in 1906. Next door is the Hebrew Institute, constructed in 1910. From 1910 until 1951 the Hebrew Institute served as a place for Hebrew School classes and meetings. It also had a gymnasium and a banquet hall. There are two "For Lease" signs on the front of the building. Adhered to the front of the photograph is a typed piece of paper which says "By 1950, downtown skyscrapers dwarfed Ahavath Sholom Synagogue and the Hebrew Institute at 819 Taylor Street." In 1951, Ahavath Sholom sold the downtown properties to the Danciger family. The synagogue was razed to create a parking lot. The Hebrew Institute was renamed the Danciger Building and converted into office space. The Federal Building now occupies this stretch of Taylor Street.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Consecration Class of 1951]

[Consecration Class of 1951]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Consecration Class of 1951 at Beth-El Congregation in Fort Worth. Standing on the far left is Rabbi Milton Rosenbaum holding the Torah. Standing in the back is first-grade teacher Amelia Rosenstein. The consecration ushers children into their religious school studies.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Consecration Class of 1965]

[Consecration Class of 1965]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Consecration Class of 1965, Beth-El Congregation, Ft. Worth. In the back row, religious school director Lil Goldman holds a lulav, a bouquet of season greens. Rabbi Robert Schur holds the Torahs. First row: Rusty Feld, Gayle Margolis (Sondecker), Polly Boardman, Michael Altman, Cathy Sanford, Lee Denbina, Daniel Blumberg, Tami Hoffman (Jara). Second row: Bob Davis, Douglas Samson, Aaron Siegel, Julie Evans (Johnson), Daniel Krakower, Patricia Livne, Sharie Freed (Stein), Pamela Cody ( Baer), Debby Kleinman Third row: Religious school director Lilaine Goldman, 1st grade teacher Amelia Rosenstein, student aide Valerie Hall, Rabbi Robert J. Schur Not pictured: James Bennett
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Consecration Class of 1985]

[Consecration Class of 1985]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Consecration class of 1985, Beth-El Congregation, Ft. Worth. First row: Ben Blumberg, Henry Smith, Danny Schwartz, Emily Hoffman, Sharon Bzostek Second row: Joshua Sigman, Haley Florsheim, Joan Miller, Brian Abrams, Julia Schwartz, Lori Miller Third row:: Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger, religious school director Ellen Mack, Rabbi Robert J. Schur, 1st grade teacher Judy Bogomol
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Consecration Class of 2006]

[Consecration Class of 2006]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Consecration class of 2006 at Beth-El Congregation, Ft. Worth. Kindergarten teachers Libbe Berger; Lauren McCormick, Religious school director Ilana Knust, and Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger. The alter or "bimah" is new at the temple Beth-El, 4900 Briarhaven Rd., Fort Worth.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery]

Date: 1898
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1898 funeral of David Linsky (1850-1898) at Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in the 1400 block of S. Main Street in Fort Worth. Many horse-drawn buggies and drivers surround the cemetery, which is on a dirt street two miles south of downtown. Linsky, 48, was a member of Woodmen of the World, a fraternal lodge which provided the tombstone for his grave.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

[Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery, 1928, grave of Ben Levy]

Date: 1928
Creator: White Studio
Description: Photograph of Ben Levy's grave and tombstone in the Emanuel Hebrew Rest Cemetery in October of 1928. The grave is covered with flowers. Ben Levy, (b. 8-31-1881, d.10-14-1928) was a jeweler. This is the family plot in which his parents and brothers are also buried.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior, Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2001
Creator: Wilson, Ray
Description: Color photograph of the exterior of Beth-El Congregation's building at 4900 Briarhaven Road, Fort Worth, which was constructed in 2000. The stone menorah, prominently displayed on the side of the building in relief, was removed from the facade of Beth-El's previous synagogue and placed at the entrance to the new building. A matching menorah flanks the other side of the entrance.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

[Exterior gate, new Beth-El Congregation]

Date: 2000
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of the exterior gate of the new Beth-El Congregation at 4900 Briarhaven Rd. The Star of David is in the center of the gate with lines radiating outward from it. The new synagogue is visible through the gate.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives