You limited your search to:

  Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger with wife, Ann, Stan and Marcia Kurtz, and Nobel Laureate Ellie Wiesel]

[Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger with wife, Ann, Stan and Marcia Kurtz, and Nobel Laureate Ellie Wiesel]

Date: 2001
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Rabbi Ralph Mecklenburger, his wife Ann, with Stan and Marcia Kurtz and Nobel Peace Laureate Ellie Wiesel in 2001 at Gates of Chai lecture series, Texas Christian University.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Rabbi Robert Schur]

[Rabbi Robert Schur]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Portrait of Rabbi Robert Schur, Beth-El Congregation, Fort Worth, taken around 1970.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Rabbi Robert Schur and Rolly Schur, ca. 1960]

[Rabbi Robert Schur and Rolly Schur, ca. 1960]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Portrait of Rabbi Robert Shur and his wife, Rolly Shur, of Beth-El Congregation, taken around 1960.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained-Glass Window Mural]

[Stained-Glass Window Mural]

Date: 2001
Creator: Wilson, Ray & Sellers, Evaline
Description: Color photograph of the stained-glass mural "Sunset" designed in 1979 by Fort Worth artist Evaline Sellers. The stained-glass mural was moved to the new congregation at Briarhaven Road in 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Breastplate]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Breastplate]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a breastplate with twelve squares of color, representing the vestments worn by the Levites, the priestly tribe. Each of the twelve squares, colored like a precious gem, stands for one of the 12 Tribes of Israel. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This pane was transferred to a window in the Hall of Remembrance when Beth-El Congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Buck]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Buck]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a deer or antelope that symbolizes the adventurous descendants of the Tribe of Naphtali. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This pane was transferred to a window in Beth-El's Hall of Remembrance when the congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Bull and a Unicorn]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Bull and a Unicorn]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting two animals, a bull and a unicorn, to represent Joseph's two sons, Ephraim and Manasseh. The one-horned animal, representing the Tribe of Manasseh, roamed the wilderness in ancient Assyria and is extinct; the bull represents the Tribe of Ephraim including Ephraim and his descendants. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature.This pane was transferred to a window in Beth-El's Hall of Remembrance when the congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Candelabra]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Candelabra]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a Krakow candelabra with three branches. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This image depicts the original candelabra created in Krakow, Poland, during the 18th century by a coppersmith. The metalwork includes a pair of frolicking deer in reference to the opening lines of Psalm 42: "As the deer pants after the water brooks, so my soul pants after thee, O God." When the congregation moved in 2000, this pane was removed and stored in the Temple Archives.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Citron Container]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Citron Container]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a decorative citron container of hammered silver to symbolize the autumn harvest holiday, Succot. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. When the congregation moved in 2000, this pane was removed and placed in the Temple Archives.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives
[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Donkey]

[Stained Glass Window Pane of a Donkey]

Date: 1999
Creator: Lauer, Ralph
Description: Photograph of a stained-glass window pane depicting a donkey, which represents the Tribe of Issachar whose descendants had strong but servile roles. It is one of more than two dozen circular stained-glass discs created in 1947 for the sanctuary of Fort Worth's Temple Beth-El; most of the images were copied from a book on Jewish treasures to represent a collection of Judaica in miniature. This pane was transferred to a window in Beth-El's Hall of Remembrance when the congregation moved to 4900 Briarhaven Rd. in the summer of 2000.
Contributing Partner: Beth-El Congregation Archives