You limited your search to:

  Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Street Scene on Washington Street 1930's

Street Scene on Washington Street 1930's

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Washington Street in the late 1930's. Looking north on N.Washington Street from the 100 block.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Beeville Fourth Grade Picture 1910

Beeville Fourth Grade Picture 1910

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Picture of Irene Elledge's fourth grade class in Beeville in 1910. The names of the students can be found at the bottom of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Cleveland Street in Early Beeville

Cleveland Street in Early Beeville

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard of Cleveland Street in Beeville. The large church on the right side of the street is the First Methodist Church which was erected in 1904-1905.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Anniversary Club Annual Banquet in 1905

Anniversary Club Annual Banquet in 1905

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: In 1905, the Anniversary Club held their annual banquet, which was attended by prominent Beeville business men and their wives. Their names are listed at the bottom of the picture, along with a copy of the membership of the club, and the menu for the banquet. In the 1890’s and early 1900’s the Anniversary Club, a men’s club, met once a month and held birthday dinners which were served at the Nations Hotel. From its beginning clubs and organizations played an important part in the progress of the citizens of Bee County, both culturally and civically.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Tom Lyne Home

Tom Lyne Home

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Tom Lyne's house located on 1701 North Madison. W. C. Stephenson designed the house. In 1910, Tom Lyne moved his family to Beeville from Live Oak County. Because he loved the railroad, he built his house near the tracks north of town. As a cattleman he took advantage of the SA&SP line in Bee County. He drove his cattle from his ranch in Live Oak County across the Nueces River into Beeville to ship them off to market in San Antonio. The house is now owned and occupied by the William B. Mosers. Mrs. Moser is a granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Tom Lyne.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
The Turner Wilson Home

The Turner Wilson Home

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Turner Wilson home located on 100 North Buchanan.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
First Airplane in Beeville

First Airplane in Beeville

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of C. A. Pressey sitting in his airplane, which is the first airplane for Bee County. In 1911 Charley A. Pressey arrived from Georgia in a Curtiss flying machine. Charley Pressey is also known for establishing the first moving picture theater in Beeville in 1906. The name of the business was Superba Family Theatre and the admission price was five cents.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
First National Bank of Beeville

First National Bank of Beeville

Date: January 24, 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: A 1913 postcard with an image of a two-story, brick building labeled "First National Bank Building, Beeville, Texas." The postcard was sent from Beeville January 24, 1913 and addressed to Mr. & Mrs. W. M. Billingsly in Mineral, Texas. Part of the postcard is damaged, but the text reads "...certainly did...ourselves while w...all day think I will fo...my good time any ways...You must come and see us when you come...With Love from R[..]erta & Lonnie"
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
First National Bank of Beeville

First National Bank of Beeville

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard showing Washington Street in Beeville Texas. The ornate building on the left, at the intersection of Bowie and Washington, was the First National Bank of Beeville's location from 1894 to 1960. The First National Bank of Beeville was organized on December 30, 1889, and opened on the courthouse square in 1890. Prior to the opening of First National Bank, people left their money either in sacks under loose floor boards behind the counter of Captain A.C. Jones’ store on the east side of the Public Square, or in kegs under that same counter. The increase in population and trade volume brought on by the arrival of SA&AP, and the Gulf, Western & Pacific Railroads in the late 1880’s made the establishment of a bank necessary. Note the electrical lines along Washington Street. Electrical lights went on in Beeville on November 30, 1896.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Saint Mary's Street Bridge

Saint Mary's Street Bridge

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This postcard, sent in 1907, shows a horse drawn buggy crossing the St. Mary’s Street Bridge over Poesta Creek. In the 1870’s the county provided roads with plowed furrow on each side of a clearing in the direction of Refugio, Goliad, San Patricio, Oakville, Saint Mary’s, and Helena. In 1888, a bond issue called for four bridges. Eight wrought iron bridges were reported at the turn of the century.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission