You limited your search to:

  Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Welder Family Members in Early Bee County

Welder Family Members in Early Bee County

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of members of the Welder Family. Included in the picture are Louisa Welder, her daughter Mrs. Mary O’Connor along with Henry Welder, Jim O’Connor, and Chrys Wood. In 1874 Tom Welder, son of Thomas and Louisa Welder of Refugio Co., moved to Bee County and took up ranching. He drove horses, mules, and cattle to Louisiana and Kansas, and was a rancher his entire life. He served as Bee County Commissioner for twenty-two years and was Vice President of the Beeville Bank and Trust. Other Welder family members ranched in Bee County, and the Welder Family is known throughout South Texas as ranchers, businessmen, and community leaders.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
The Wiliam McCurdy Home

The Wiliam McCurdy Home

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of William McCurdy's home located on East Cleveland Street. Mr. McCurdy was the publisher of the Beeville Bee, Beeville’s first newspaper. The home is owned by Mr. and Mrs. Jesse Garza.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
McKinney Brothers Store

McKinney Brothers Store

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the inside of the McKinney Brothers Store.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Rialto Theater Drawing

Rialto Theater Drawing

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Drawing of the Rialto Theater. The Rialto Theater was built in 1922, as the flagship for the 22-theater chain owned by H.W. Hall and family. After a fire in 1935 destroyed the interior, the theater was remodeled in an Art Moderne style by the original architect, W.C. Stephenson and the theatre architect John Eberson, famous for the Majestic Theater in San Antonio.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
Entry of the McClanahan House in Beeville

Entry of the McClanahan House in Beeville

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of McClanahan House entry way. The McClanahan House is the oldest business structure in Beeville. The building, the second store built in Beeville by George W. McClanahan, was erected around 1867 on the east side of the courthouse square, near Poesta Creek. The house served as general store, lodging house, and post office. It was built in the pioneer western style, with southern porches.In 1962, the building was purchased by the Historical Society for $600, and moved to its present site. The building is still the “home” of the society, and meetings are held there periodically.
Contributing Partner: Bee County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 16 17 18 19 20 NEXT LAST