The Colony Public Library

About this Partner

The Colony Public Library, born of the efforts of a loyal group of volunteers, first opened its doors in February 1982 in a small, 1,985 square foot storefront facility that it shared with the Parks and Recreation Department. Ann Beckel served as the first Library Director, assisted by librarian Sandi Gehrke; the first president of the Friends of The Colony Public Library was Wanda Gillett.

In December 1984, the citizens of The Colony passed a bond issue to build the 9,025 square foot facility at 5151 N. Colony Blvd., which became the Library's home in August 1987.

Having outgrown that facility, in 2000, on the 18th anniversary of the Library's founding, the Library relocated to 6800 Main Street , where it shares the building with City Hall. The Library gained an additional 6,200 square feet, the ability to provide a large space for quiet study, a beautiful storytime area, and room for the collection and services to grow.

Contact Information

Name: Megan Charters
Email:
Partner URL: http://ntrls.tsl.state.tx.us/thecolony/
Location:

6800 Main St.
The Colony, TX 75056-1133

Phone: 972-624-3187