You limited your search to:

  Partner: Denton Public Library
 Decade: 1930-1939
 Collection: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History
Aerial View of the Acme Brick Company
Aerial view of the Acme Brick Plant, located south of Denton. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14724/
Ann Sheridan Publicity Photo
Publicity photo of Ann Sheridan. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12298/
Eagle Park Bleachers at the North Texas State College
View of the field bleachers at Eagle Park at North Texas State College. Trees dot the foreground and tall, electric lights line the edges of the playing area. The field was constructed in 1913, and in 1927 steel stands were constructed to seat 2,200 on the west side of the field. The football field was part of "Eagle Park." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12434/
Exterior View of the Front of the Library at the North Texas State College
Exterior view of the front of the library at the North Texas State College. A black automobile is in the lower right corner and a tree borders the left side of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12435/
F. M. Bralley Library (1935)
The F. M. Bralley Library of Texas State College for Women is visible in the background through trees. In the foreground, some women are sitting on benches beside a waterway. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21682/
Front of Marquis Hall with Two Superimposed Portraits
Exterior view of the front of Marquis Hall on the North Texas State College Campus. Collaged onto the photograph in the upper right and bottom left corners are portraits of President W. J. McConnell and former president, R. L. Marquis. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12437/
[Letter to Colonel John Singleton from L. W. Kemp]
L. W. Kemp wrote Colonel John V. Singleton in response to a complaint about an inscription on a historical marker in John Simpson Chisum's honor. The discrepancy concerns the actual date of Chisum's death. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24911/
[Letter to Lota M. Spell]
Mrs. William Williams wrote Lota M. Spell of Austin, Texas concerning the installation of a historical marker at the site of John Simpson Chisum's home. John Chisum was a cattle king in Denton County in the mid-1800s. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24913/
[Letter to Mrs. Chambers from Texas State Library]
Letter from Edwin Sue Goree, field worker of Texas State Library, to Mrs. W. B. Chambers, Chair of Library Club, Denton County Council, P.T.A., regarding the procurement of school books. Goree replied that the Texas State Library was not able to loan books or further assistance at present but suggested establishing a Denton county library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29655/
[Letter to Mrs. William Williams concerning John Chisum]
Lota M. Spell of the Advisory Board of Texas Historians wrote Mrs. Will Williams concerning the installation of a historical marker at John Simpson Chisum's home in Denton County. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24914/
[Letter to Record-Chronicle from Mrs. W. B. Chambers]
Letter to the Record-Chronicle newspaper in Denton, Texas from the Library Extension Committee of the Denton County Council of Parents and Teachers. The letter contains information about a traveling library that was created to provide books to rural schools. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29654/
[Letter to Will Williams regarding the Chisum Trail]
J. B. Cranfill writes Will Williams, President of the Denton Historical Society, in response to Mr. Williams's letter about whether the Texas cattle trail should be known as the Chisholm or Chisum Trail. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24912/
[Letters to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from Denton County Public Schools]
Letters to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from R. L. Proffer, Superintendent of Denton County Public Schools, and Pyrene Wilson, County-School Librarian, regarding the Denton County-School Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29653/
Library at North Texas State College
External view of the front of the library at North Texas State College. There are seven black automobiles visible parked in front of the library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12429/
Man standing in front of car
Photograph of a man wearing a necktie standing in front of a car in Glen Rose, Texas around July in 1938. The car has a North Texas State Technical College Eagles sticker attached to the windshield. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29708/
Miss Judie Martin 2-25-1936
Photograph of Miss Judie Martin circa February 25th, 1936. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29692/
Natives of the Confederate States of America
Photograph of an organization known as "Natives of the Confederate States of America" of Denton, Texas in 1936. The men and women are posing outside and wearing suits and dresses. A caption identifying the members and organization is included. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth24876/
North Texas Administration Building
Entrance to the administration building on the North Texas State College campus. The entrance is bounded on both sides by trees and bushes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14764/
North Texas Administration Building
Entrance to the administration building on the North Texas State College campus. The entrance is bounded on both sides by trees and bushes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth14763/
Old Timers Celebrate Fritz's Birthday
The caption reads: Old Timers Celebrate Fritz's Birthday. These 14 old timers of Denton were photographed at a party celebrating Dr. E. W. Fritz's 84th birthday. They are, back row, left to right, Noah Batis, farmer; Mrs. J. W. Underwood; Mrs. F. E. Piner, wife of an early judge; Mrs. Ida Williams, whose husband was an early photographer; Mrrs. A. J. Kittrell, wife of an early cattleman; Mrs. J. S. Chapman, wife of a mining operator; Mrs. T. A. Robinson, wife of a cotton buyer, and Mrs. Cora Elliott, dressmaker. Front row, left to right, J. W. Shaw, a photographer, Dr. Fritz; Charles Wilkins, ranchmans; J. C. Parr, farmer, Mrs. C. C. Bell, and C. C. Bell, a farmer. (photo courtesy of Sam Fritz) texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12407/
[Original F. M. Bralley Library of TSCW]
Photograph of F. M. Bralley Library of Texas State College for Women, now known as Texas Woman's University. The building was opened in 1927. A stream and bridge are visible in front of the library. The library has four columns with Ionian capitals and a bell tower on the roof. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth21603/
[Postcard to W. B. Chambers from U. W. Edwards]
Postcard to Mrs. W. B. Chambers from Mr. and Mrs. Edwards regarding the procurement of a case for the traveling library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29652/
Revised Charter of the City of Denton, Texas
Revised Charter of the City of Denton, Texas as adopted April 4, 1914 with amendments to August, 1934. The front cover contains an illustration of Denton city hall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25283/
Six pages from journal of Julia Williams, 1933
Entries from Julie Williams's journal dating from June 4, 1933 to July 20, 1933. Some of the entries are written on stationary from the Williams Store in Denton, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth29610/
Stoddard Hall Lobby
View of the lobby of Stoddard Hall at the Texas State College for Women. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12440/
Unidentified Group
Unidentified group of two men and fourteen women pose for a picture on the steps of a building. A small banner held by two of the women reads "Fidelis 1935-36." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12387/
W. J. McConnell
President W. J. McConnell signing a document with a fountain pen while seated behind a desk in a dark suit. McConnell was the president of North Texas State College starting in 1935. A Royal typewriter is on the desk to the left of the image and a hat on the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth12436/