You limited your search to:

  Partner: Denton Public Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1920-1929
 Collection: From Plowshares to Diplomas: Digitizing Early Denton History
[Basketball court in old TSCW Gymnasium]

[Basketball court in old TSCW Gymnasium]

Date: c. 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a basketball court in the first Gymnasium of Texas State College for Women, now known as Texas Woman's University. Various exercise equipment, benches, chairs, and a piano are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
City Federation of Women's Club

City Federation of Women's Club

Date: 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Group of women from the City Federation, who were guests of the Texas Power & Light Company at Lake Trinidad, Texas. Pictured are: (bottom row, left to right) Miss Lee Williams (Pres.), Mrs. R. L. West (Treasurer), Mrs. Nettie Edwards, Mrs. Jo Blanks (Fanny), Mrs. C. C. Yancy, Mrs. Billy Woods, Mrs. Fisher (of Dallas, whose husband conducted the group); (top row, left to right) Mrs. Emory Curtis, Mrs. F. V. Garrison, Mrs. Dan Turner, Mrs. R. T. Mays.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Denton County Clerk's Office

Denton County Clerk's Office

Date: c. 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: Interior view of the Denton county clerk's office. Four men and five women are pictured sitting at or standing around desks, all are unidentified.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
[First TSCW Gymnasium Building]

[First TSCW Gymnasium Building]

Date: c. 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the first Gymnasium Building at Texas State College for Women, now known as Texas Woman's University. Flowers, shrubs, and trees are in front of the two-story brick building with four Doric columns.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Gymnasium 1922

Gymnasium 1922

Date: c. 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: The entrance of an unidentified gymnasium is visible. The three-story brick building has four columns at its entrance. Two plots of flowers are blooming in front of the building.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Main Auditorium before adding lobby and studios

Main Auditorium before adding lobby and studios

Date: 1922 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: The main auditorium of Texas State College for Women is shown before the adding of lobby and studios. Five doors and windows are shown on the front of the building. The old Household Arts Building is partially visible behind the auditorium, and the old Administration Building, now known as the Old Main Building, is partially visible to the right of the auditorium.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell

Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell. Charles Bell married Elmira Elizabeth "Bettie" Inge in Fannin County in 1862. They owned the land along what is now Bell Avenue in Denton, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell

Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Portrait of Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Bell. Charles Bell married Elmira Elizabeth "Bettie" Inge in Fannin County in 1862. They owned the land along what is now Bell Avenue in Denton, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Robert E. Lee School Teachers

Robert E. Lee School Teachers

Date: c. 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: Ten Robert E. Lee school teachers. Included areL Louise Graham, Ona Rainey, Marguerite Sinclair, Mrs. Meyers (first name unknown), Mrs. William H. Lundy, Clara Skiles (principal), Frances WEathers, Beatrice Clark.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
Ten Unidentified Robert E. Lee School Teachers

Ten Unidentified Robert E. Lee School Teachers

Date: c. 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: Ten unidentified Robert E. Lee school teachers.
Contributing Partner: Denton Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST