You limited your search to:

  Partner: Fort Bend Museum
 Decade: 1910-1919
[Letter from Hillyer Oil Company - 1917-08-03]

[Letter from Hillyer Oil Company - 1917-08-03]

Date: August 3, 1917
Creator: Hillyer Oil Company
Description: Letter from Hillyer Oil Company dated August 3, 1917. It discusses the location and drilling of successful oil wells, and mentions plots of land for sale.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Minutes for Hillyer Oil Compeny Meeting - 1918-02-14]

[Minutes for Hillyer Oil Compeny Meeting - 1918-02-14]

Date: February 14, 1918
Creator: Willits, J. T.
Description: Minutes taken from a Hillyer Oil Company meeting on February 14, 1918. The naming of Chas E. Anderson, Senior, and J. T. Willits [Willets], as temporary chairmen is mentioned. Development of plots of land and the attendees of the meeting is also mentioned.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Richmond looking east along Morton Street]

[Richmond looking east along Morton Street]

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard of scene of downtown Richmond, looking east along Morton Street. Circa 1912/1913.Daily-Levy Store on right. Automobiles parked on the side of the street can be seen in the bottom left corner of photo. Blurred image of a man walking on sidewalk in bottom right of photo.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Scythe used by donor's grandfather, W.W. Williams.]

[Scythe used by donor's grandfather, W.W. Williams.]

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Scythe used by donor's grandfather, W.W. Williams, of Victoria Co., TX. Snath is wooden with two handles, one at the bottom and one in the middle. The blade is attached by a bolted on bracket.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
Rusty blade.

Rusty blade.

Date: 1910 - 1920
Creator: unknown
Description: Rusty blade of a Scythe.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Public School in Richmond]

[Public School in Richmond]

Date: 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard image of the Public School, Richmond, Texas. Two and a half story brick building. Group of people are standing near the northeast corner of the building. A person is leaning out of the middle, bottom story window.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Downtown Richmond looking east along Morton Street]

[Downtown Richmond looking east along Morton Street]

Date: 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Copy print of the scene of downtown Richmond, looking east along Morton Street. Automobiles parked in left corner of photo. Blurred image of man walking on sidewalk to the right of the photo. Fire hydrant in right corner of photo also.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Indiana Town in Rosenberg, railroad crossing on the left.]

[Indiana Town in Rosenberg, railroad crossing on the left.]

Date: 1911
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard image of Indiana Town, Rosenberg, Texas. Dirt road intersection in foreground. Railroad crossing sign is in left corner of postcard.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Two women in an automobile]

[Two women in an automobile]

Date: 1910
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard issued by Bank of the Southwest using images from F.J. Schlueter Collection. Image is of two women in an automobile, one at the driver's wheel and one in the back seat. Text on the back of the postcard reads, "By 1910, the horse and buggy had begun to give way to the automobile. Houston Streets were never the same again. Photograph is from the Bank of the Southwest--F.J. Schlueter Collection." Image is from ca. 1910, but postcard is from ca. 1970.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
[Train with three men]

[Train with three men]

Date: 1915
Creator: unknown
Description: Postcard issued by Bank of the Southwest using images from F.J. Schlueter Collection. Image is of a train with three men sitting on front of engine, one in at the controls, and two standing at left. Text on the back of the postcard reads, "Houston had become an important railhead by 1920. Gandy dancers laid the track that carried the trains that helped turn Houston into a major transportation center. Photograph from the Bank of the Southwest--F.J. Schlueter Collection." Image is from ca. 1915, but postcard is from ca. 1970.
Contributing Partner: Fort Bend Museum
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST