You limited your search to:

  Partner: Friench Simpson Memorial Library
 Resource Type: Postcard
 County: Lavaca County, TX
 Language: English
Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas
Postcard of a group of firemen posing on three fire trucks outside of an unidentified building in Hallettsville, Texas. According to accompanying information, the first truck on the far left is a 1920 chemical fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Julius G. Jalufka, Freddie Buss, Henry Pohl, and Collie McCord. The middle truck is a 1918 fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are Paul H. Fertsch, Joseph F. Fritsch, Otto Hanak, Emil Burkett, and (standing) N. A. Moreland. The third truck, on the far right, is a 1920 pumper fire truck and the persons posing on it (left to right) are John Burkett, Jr., Buck Sokol, and Rudolph Sokol. "Hallettsville, Texas" is written in the lower-left corner and "Fire Protection" is written under the truck on the far right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128986/
Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas
Postcard of a group of firemen posing in the Hallettsville Fire Department's Horse and Fire Wagon on LaGrange Street in front of the Fire Hall. According to accompanying information, the persons in the wagon (left to right) are Richard Waltersdorf, John E. Buss, and O. T. East, and the horse is called "Headlight." "Fire Protection, Hallettsville, Texas" is printed beneath the image. On the back is a letter written to Mrs. Henry Messer in Shiner, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128985/
First Grand Jury Called After 1899
Postcard of the first grand jury called after the Hallettsville Courthouse was completed in 1899. The members of the jury are posing in front of the courthouse. They are not named. On the back is written "1st Grand Jury after Present Ct. House built." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128980/
Baptist Church
Photograph of a Baptist Church in Hallettsville, TX. The exterior of the church is white and there are stairs leading up to the main entrance. The building is one level with a steeple above the entrance. There is a cross in the foreground. A wooden fence surrounds the church and there is a dirt road in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128807/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas taken from the top of Sacred Heart Catholic Church looking northwest. Visible buildings include the Livery stables, Neuhaus Building, Elstner's Hall, and the Appelt Building. In the background are fields on the outskirts of town. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128762/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas, taken from the top of Lavaca County Courthouse looking southeast. Visible buildings include Elstner's Hall, Neuhaus Building, Appelt's Building, and T. A. Hill Lumber Yard. In the foreground is an intersection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128761/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground are family homes and business buildings. In the background a church is visible. Lining the dirt roads are trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128767/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground is the Meyerhoff Building and Lay's Drug Store. Other buildings are in the background and there are dirt roads in between the buildings. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128769/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Visible buildings include the Livery stables, Neuhaus Building, Elstner's Building, and the Appelt Building. Fields are located behind the buildings on the outskirts of town. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128766/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. According to accompanying information the buildings in the foreground include Fey and H J. Braunig Building, H. J. Heye Building, Stankiewicz Building, McKnight Building, and the William von Rosenberg and Brothers Building. The picture was taken from the top of the Lavaca County Courthouse facing south. In the background are family homes. There is handwriting on the front of the postcard. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128772/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial view of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground is the Appelt Building, Elstner's Hall, and the Neuhaus Building. There are several parked cars on the dirt road in front of the Neuhaus Building. In the background are more businesses and family homes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128770/
Birdseye View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. Visible building store signs are First National Bank and Louis Matula's. In the foreground are cars parked along the dirt road in front of the stores. In the background are fields and trees. Accompanying information lists the photograph as taken from the top of Lavaca County Courthouse looking southwest. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128773/
Bunjes School
Portrait of students and staff members posing outside of Bunjes School. There are three rows of male and female students along with two teachers and the principal. On the back of the postcard there is a handwritten note that says, "Bunjes School 1913; Otto Fisseler-principal, Miss Lindsey to his right, Mrs. Fisseler (wife) to his left." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128824/
First National Bank
Photograph of the First National Bank. The bank is a two-story building with an awning along the street side of the building. To the right is a single-story building with a sign that reads, "Louis Matula." In the foreground is an unpaved road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128778/
[Hallettsville Public School]
Postcard of Hallettsville Public School. The school is three stories high and has a bell tower. There are steps leading up to the main entrance and trees line the outside of the building. Men and women are on the front steps and on the sidewalk that surrounds the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128786/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of Lavaca County Courthouse. The Courthouse is made of stone and is four stories high. Trees surround the sidewalk in front of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128760/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of Lavaca County Courthouse. The stone building is four-stories high and has a clock tower. In the foreground trees line the sidewalk. On the front of the postcard is a handwritten note. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128755/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of Lavaca County Courthouse. The stone building is four-stories tall and has a clock tower. Stairs lead up to the main arched entryway. To the left of the main entrance is a tree. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128757/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of Lavaca County Courthouse. The stone building is four-stories high and a clock tower. Horse-drawn wagons and carriages are in front of the building on the dirt road. Trees and telephone wires are in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128754/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of the Lavaca County Courthouse. The Courthouse is made of stone and has a clock tower. In front of the building is a large tree and cars are parked on the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128759/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Photograph of Lavaca County Courthouse. The stone building is four-stories high and has a clock tower. A wooden fence surrounds the front of the courthouse. Telephone wires are in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128756/
Lavaca County Courthouse
Portrait of Lavaca County Courthouse. The stone building is four-stories tall and has a clock tower. Steps lead up to the main arched entryway. To the left and right of the building are trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128753/
Menger School
Portrait of students who attended Menger School during the 1907-1908 school year. There are four rows of male and female students posing in front of the school building. According to accompanying information the teacher is Mr. Oho Fisseler and the school is locsted in District 42 in Lavaca County. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128834/
Meyerhoff Building
Postcard of the Meyerhoff Dry Goods Building. The building is on a corner lot and is two stories tall. A show window runs the length of the front of the building and continues around the corner. There are six men standing outside on the sidewalk. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128785/
Neuhause Building
Photograph of Neuhause Building. The building is two stories tall. Businesses inside the building include a dentist and a bookstore. Trees are located to the left of the building and pedestrians are outside on the sidewalk. A handwritten note is written on the front and back of the postcard. Accompanying information lists the location on the corner of Third and South LaGrange St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128771/
Northeast View of Hallettsville, Texas
Aerial photograph of Hallettsville, Texas. In the foreground is the Aronsohn Dry Goods Building, Samusch Building, and the Schwartz Building. In the background are other business buildings and family homes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128768/
Opera House
Postcard of the Opera House in Hallettsville, Texas. The building is three stories high and stairs lead up to the main entrance. There are smaller buildings on either side of the Opera House and to the right is a tree. Men are standing outside on the sidewalk in front of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128782/
Opera House
Postcard of the Opera House in Hallettsville, Texas. The building is three stories high and stairs lead up to the arched main entrance. Two smaller buildings are on either side of the Opera House and seven men are standing outside on the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128783/
[Portrait of Man in Buggy]
Postcard of a group of men and a horse and buggy in front of an unidentified building in Hallettsville, Texas. One of the men is sitting in the buggy, and the rest of the men are standing behind on the sidewalk. All of the Men are wearing suits and hats. There is a sign above the entrance of the building that says "Welcome Visitors." "From Mr. J.H. Appelt" is handwritten on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128984/
[Portrait of Three Men]
Postcard of three men. According to accompanying information, the men are (from left to right) Charles Roeber, Tom Reece, and Jim Mikulenka. These names are also written on the back along with some other names. All three men are wearing hats, and Charles has a gun in his waistband. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128894/
[Postcard of Four Girls]
Postcard of four unknown girls. The girls are posing leaning on a table in front of an unidentified building with many trees in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128970/
L.S. Schwarz and Company Building
Postcard of the L. Schwartz and Company building. In the storefront windows shirts, shoes, and other miscellaneous items are on display. Men and women are standing outside the store on the sidewalk. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128784/
Sacred Heart Academy Music Hall
Photograph of Sacred Heart Academy Music Hall. The building is three stories high and has three windows on each level. On the third floor middle window is a statue of a man. There is a porch on the first and second level. In the foreground is a wrought iron fence. Behind the fence there are plants and other shrubbery. On the bottom of the photograph, "Sacred Heart Academy Hallettsville Texas" is written. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128811/
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
Postcard of Sacred Heart Catholic Church. The church is constructed of brick and has a bell tower. In the foreground are two horses pulling wooden wagons and men and women are standing outside. On the bottom of the postcard, "Catholic Church, Hallettsville, Texas. 2206" is written. There is handwriting on the back that says, "Dear Tina, Will drop you this card to tell you know that I'll be there this evening if it don't rain any more. I tell you we sure did have a big rain here. So I'll come if I [unreadable] can get off. Yours, Albert M." Accompanying information lists the street address as 313 S. Texana St., Hallettsville, Texas and gives background information on the history of the church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128810/
Three Men and a Dog
Postcard of three men and a dog. According to the accompanying information, the men are (left to right) J. Sommerlatte, and unknown man, and Gus Lorke. The names are also written on the back. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth128893/