Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill and mill firehouse, aerial view. The mill pond is shown in the background. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine, producing 250,000 board feet daily as well as 60,000 feet of lath. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center