You limited your search to:

  Partner: The History Center
 County: Angelina County, TX
[Charles Wilson Diboll Day  Parade1986]

[Charles Wilson Diboll Day Parade1986]

Date: October 4, 1986
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Congressman Charles Wilson posing on a float for the Diboll Day parade in Diboll, Texas on October 4, 1986.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Charles Wilson at the Lufkin Autumn Club]

[Charles Wilson at the Lufkin Autumn Club]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Congressman Charles Wilson meeting with members of the Lufkin Autumn Club.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Charles Wilson Rides a Donkey in the 1994 Diboll Day Parade

[Charles Wilson Rides a Donkey in the 1994 Diboll Day Parade

Date: October 1, 1994
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Congressman Charles Wilson riding a donkey in the 1994 Diboll Day Parade in Diboll, Texas.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Charles Wilson Campains with Ann Richards and Miss Texas]

[Charles Wilson Campains with Ann Richards and Miss Texas]

Date: October 14, 1992
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Congressman Charles Wilson, Governor Ann Richards, and Miss Texas Rhonda Morrison in the parking lot of the Angelina County Exposition Center in Lufkin, Texas at the conclusion of their day-long helicopter tour. The tour occurred during the 1992 campaign on October 14, and began in Orange with stops in Silsbee, Jasper, and Center. After ceremonies at the Exposition Center, it concluded with a reception at Crown Colony Country Club.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[McGiffert Log Loader and Crew]

[McGiffert Log Loader and Crew]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of a Mcgiffert log loader and crew of the Southern Pine Lumber Company loading logs onto rail cars.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Timber Stacked in the Woods]

[Timber Stacked in the Woods]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of freshly cut timber stacked in the woods.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Corliss Steam Sawmill Engine]

[Corliss Steam Sawmill Engine]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of a Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill engine, a 24x48 500 horse power Filer & Stowell Corliss steam engine, with an 18-foot fly wheel. A company employee is depicted in the background. This is likely sawmill 1, or the yellow pine mill.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 2 at Sunset]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 2 at Sunset]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill no. 2 as seen from across the mill pond at sunset. This mill was built between December 1906 and April 1907. All sawmill equipment was in a 40x155 feet area and the lath mill annex was 28x60 feet. Although it was sometimes called the hardwood mill, it also cut pine. The mill's daily capacity during a daytime run was 60,000 feet of pine and 40,000 feet of hardwoods, with a day and night yellow pine capacity of 120,000 feet. Hardwoods were not cut at night. Sawmill 2 was dismantled in 1954.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Mill Pond Detailed View]

[Mill Pond Detailed View]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of a detailed view of the Southern Pine Lumber Company mill pond with floating pine logs. The building in the background is possibly the Texas South-Eastern Railroad Company office. Also shown are rail cars, including one from the Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Yellow Pine on the Band Saw Dock]

[Yellow Pine on the Band Saw Dock]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the interior of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 1, or yellow pine mill, showing yellow pine logs on the band saw dock. This view is from the log end. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine. American Lumberman reports that in 1907 the mill had a daily capacity of 240,000 board feet of lumber and 65,000 feet of lath. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST