You limited your search to:

  Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Mill Pond]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Mill Pond]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company mill pond showing pine timber recently unloaded into the pond. Also depicted are mill pond workers standing near empty rail cars on the unloading dock.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas - 3]

[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas - 3]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of shortleaf yellow pine timber on the Jim Jones place, Trinity County, Texas.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Longleaf Pine Timber, Houston County, Texas - 3]

[Longleaf Pine Timber, Houston County, Texas - 3]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of longleaf yellow pine timber located on the A. Harris place, 25 miles northwest of Diboll in Houston County, Texas.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas - 4]

[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas - 4]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of shortleaf yellow pine timber on the Jim Jones place, Trinity County, Texas.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas]

[Shortleaf Pine Timber, Trinity County, Texas]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of shortleaf yellow pine timber on the J. Riceland league, Trinity County, Texas. This is located 20 miles northwest of Diboll.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Longleaf Pine Timber, Houston County, Texas - 2]

[Longleaf Pine Timber, Houston County, Texas - 2]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of longleaf yellow pine timber located on the A. Harris place, 25 miles northwest of Diboll in Houston County, Texas.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Hardwood Timber Unloading]

[Hardwood Timber Unloading]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 2, also called the hardwood mill, with workers unloading hardwood timber down a ramp and into the mill. Note how hardwood logs were not unloaded into the mill pond because they would sink. This mill was built between December 1906 and April 1907. All sawmill equipment was in a 40x155 feet area and the lath mill annex was 28x60 feet. The mill sometimes cut pine timber too. The mill's daily capacity during a daytime run was 60,000 feet of pine and 40,000 feet of hardwoods, with a day and night yellow pine capacity of 120,000 feet. Hardwoods were not cut at night. Sawmill 2 was dismantled in 1954.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Knights of Pythias Hall Dedication]

[Knights of Pythias Hall Dedication]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the new Knights of Pythias Castle Hall and a group of members and visitors present and the hall's dedication, November 15, 1907.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Planing Mill - Southwest]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Planing Mill - Southwest]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company planing mill from the southwest. The January 18, 1908 issue of American Lumberman reports that the planing mill had one 8x30 sizer, one 8x18 sizer, four 15-inch No. 2 combination matchers, six 9-inch matchers, one 10-inch outside molder, one 15-inch inside molder, six swing cutoff saws, two resaws, two edgers, one lath machine, and two blowers. It was 252 by 80 feet in area, employed 43 people and had a daily capacity of 275,000 feet of lumber.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Six Southern Pine Lumber Company Dry Kilns]

[Six Southern Pine Lumber Company Dry Kilns]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of six dry kilns built by the National Dry Kiln Company of Indianapolis, Indiana for the Southern Pine Lumber Company. This view is looking from the northeast. By 1907 the company had 12 kilns which held 544,400 feet of lumber.
Contributing Partner: The History Center