You limited your search to:

  Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Right of Way - 2]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Right of Way - 2]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of a Southern Pine Lumber Company right of way in the woods, showing timber piled alongside.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Saw Filer Shop]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Saw Filer Shop]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of two Southern Pine Lumber Company workers filing circle saws in a saw filer's workshop.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmil No. 1 from Mill Pond]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmil No. 1 from Mill Pond]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill no. 1 from across the mill pond with logs in the foreground. To the right is the log unloading dock. A mill pond worker is also shown standing on logs in the pond. Also known as "mill 1," it cut yellow pine. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine. American Lumberman reports that in 1907 the mill had a daily capacity of 240,000 board feet of lumber and 65,000 feet of lath. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 1 - Southeast]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 1 - Southeast]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 1 looking southeast across the unloading dock. Note the mill pond workers standing on logs in the middle of the pond. This mill cut yellow pine. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine. American Lumberman reports that in 1907 the mill had a daily capacity of 240,000 board feet of lumber and 65,000 feet of lath. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 2 Engine Room]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 2 Engine Room]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 2 engine room. This is a Corliss steam engine built by Filer & Stowell.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 2 Interior - South]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill 2 Interior - South]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the interior of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 2 from the south, showing mill workers posing for the photograph. This mill was built between December 1906 and April 1907. All sawmill equipment was in a 40x155 feet area and the lath mill annex was 28x60 feet. Although it was sometimes called the hardwood mill, it also cut pine. The mill's daily capacity during a daytime run was 60,000 feet of pine and 40,000 feet of hardwoods, with a day and night yellow pine capacity of 120,000 feet. Hardwoods were not cut at night. Sawmill 2 was dismantled in 1954.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill Aerial View]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill Aerial View]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill and mill firehouse, aerial view. The mill pond is shown in the background. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine, producing 250,000 board feet daily as well as 60,000 feet of lath. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill Interior]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill Interior]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the interior of Southern Pine Lumber Company's sawmill and various mill workers. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine, producing 250,000 board feet daily as well as 60,000 feet of lath. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 1]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 1]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill number 1, burner, mill pond, and fuel house. This view is from atop the water tower. Also known as "mill 1," it cut yellow pine. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine. American Lumberman reports that in 1907 the mill had a daily capacity of 240,000 board feet of lumber and 65,000 feet of lath. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and replaced with a modern sawmill by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 1 from Mill Pond]

[Southern Pine Lumber Company Sawmill No. 1 from Mill Pond]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 1, also called the yellow pine mill, looking from the mill pond. The log loading dock is depicted on the right. Notice the "endless chain" incline descending from the mill into the pond. The white buildings to the left of the mill are power houses.
Contributing Partner: The History Center