You limited your search to:

  Partner: The History Center
[Wood Sawyers near Lindsey Springs]

[Wood Sawyers near Lindsey Springs]

Date: 1903
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of two Southern Pine Lumber Company woods sawyers posing with a shortleaf pine near the Lindsey Springs logging camp, Angelina County. Lindsey Springs, located about seven miles northeast of Diboll, was a Southern Pine Lumber Company logging camp from about 1898 to 1906. According to the federal census of 1900, the community then had a population of 110.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Yellow Pine Lumber Yard Alley]

[Yellow Pine Lumber Yard Alley]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of an alley of yellow pine lumber from post number 9, showing the burner and new water tower and the end. This view is looking north.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Yellow Pine on the Band Saw Dock]

[Yellow Pine on the Band Saw Dock]

Date: 1907
Creator: American Lumberman
Description: Photograph of the interior of the Southern Pine Lumber Company sawmill 1, or yellow pine mill, showing yellow pine logs on the band saw dock. This view is from the log end. Construction for this mill began on March 1, 1903, and the mill became operational on June 12 of the same year. It replaced the original mill that was built in 1894. The mill was powered by a 500 horse powered Filer & Stowell 24x40 inch Corliss steam engine. American Lumberman reports that in 1907 the mill had a daily capacity of 240,000 board feet of lumber and 65,000 feet of lath. This mill was destroyed by fire on January 7, 1968 and rebuilt by September of that year.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
[Young Democrats 1964]

[Young Democrats 1964]

Date: October 11, 1964
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Charles Wilson and young democrats in Angelina County, Texas. In October 1964 Young Democrats of Angelina County launched a countywide bumper sticker campaign in Lufkin, Diboll, Clawson, Huntington, and Zavalla. Here one of the teams poses outside the Democratic Headquarters in Lufkin. Left to right: Gary Horton, Lisa Denman, Tre Denman, Richard Warner, Charles Wilson. The photograph appears in the October 11, 1964 issue of the Diboll Free Press.
Contributing Partner: The History Center
FIRST PREV 31 32 33 34 35 NEXT LAST