You limited your search to:

  Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Letter to Gilbert Family]

[Letter to Gilbert Family]

Date: February 13, 1945
Creator: Stimson, Henry L. (Henry Lewis), 1867-1950
Description: Photostatic copy of a typed letter from the United States Secretary of War, Henry Stimson, to Max Gilbert. The letter awards Gilbert's son, Harold Gilbert with a Purple Heart for his service, and it expresses Stimson's condolences for the death of Harold Gilbert.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Western Union Telegram]

[Western Union Telegram]

Date: January 14, 1945
Creator: United States Secretary of War & Dunlop
Description: Photostat of a telegram from the United States Secretary of War to Mrs. Rose H. Gilbert, expressing his condolences for the death of her son, Private Harold Gilbert.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Young Judea Convention]

[Young Judea Convention]

Date: 1940~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the members of Young Judea, a Jewish youth organization in Fort Worth, Texas. The organization held a regional conclave at the Ahavath Sholom Synagogue, where over one hundred members and group advisors posed, on the front steps in the 800 block Taylor Street, for the photograph. Many people in the photograph are unidentified. From left to right, bottom to top, here is a key to the known members: Row 1 (kneeling): Sylvia Wexler, Stanley Raskin (wearing a hat), Adele Natkin (wearing a white jacket). Row 2: Rabbi Samuel Soskin, Rabbi Philip Graubert, Cantor Israel Ashery, Ann Friedson (wearing a hat with flowers), Sally Kruger (heavy-set woman in the middle of the row), Israel N. Mehl (fourth from the right). Row 3: Bobby Rosenthal (smiling and wearing hat), Harry Perlman (third from left), Leon Schwartz (middle of row, looking to his right and frowning), Irv Rovinsky (last boy in the row, wearing a coat and tie). Row 4: Shirley Levine (fourth from the left in the middle of the row), Morris Sankary (sixth from the left, tall boy with rimless glasses), Shirley Garsten (behind Morris Sankary and to the right, wearing a white collared shirt), Mr. Louis Cohen, advisor ...
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[1940 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

[1940 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

Date: 1940
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1940 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar of the synagogue located downtown on Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, the members of the photograph are: Front row: Bertha Haller, Gloria Sheinberg (Swann). Back row: Rabbi Philip Graubart, Margie Cohen (Levingston), Dorothy Bergman, Jennie Moses (Winkler)(teacher), Dorothy Cohen, Shirley Garston (Cohen), Annie Kaplan, Betty Daiches (Sher).
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Sunday School Students]

[Ahavath Sholom Sunday School Students]

Date: 1925
Creator: Jernigan Studios
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation Sunday School students. They are standing on the front steps outside the synagogue in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, top to bottom, the students in the photograph are: Row 1: Betty Carshon, Rachel Kruger, Dora Laves, Lena Rovinsky, Udys Weinstein, Lily Dworkin, Joe Ray Schwartzberg. Row 2: Charlie Anton, Milton Mehl, Arthur Rosenbaum, Charlotte Ray, Lily Levine, Molly Finger, Freda Hurwitz, Rae Carshon, Mary Bliss, Sylvia Shosid. Row 3: Alex Victor, William Hurwitz, Irving Kershman, Julius Scolnic, Mary Resnick, Sophia Blum, Mary Herman, Ida Berg, Beatrice Frankrich, Reva Nebrat, Gertrude Ellis, Raymond Dan. Row 4: Sidney Deutch, David Tuck, Rubin Anton, Norma Resnick, Lily Alpert, Rose Chicotsky, Hannah Chicotsky, Anna Gordon, Martha Daiches. Row 5: Nathan Frankel, Abe Goldstein, Abe Shosid, Paul Herman, Johanna Winer, Sadie Rovinsky, Sarah Garston, Irving Rosenthal. Row 6: Sidney Marks, Minnie Snofsky, Esther Klimist, Rebecca Lutsky, David Bernstein, Max Perlman, Sarah Kruger, Rosalie Bliss. Row 7: Morris Schwartz, Grace Dworkin, Lola Bozokofsky, Hyman Jacobson, Cecil Bozokofsky, Helen Kassover, Sonia Gulila, Sam Weisblatt, Florence Kassover, Patricia Jacobson.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[1952 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

[1952 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

Date: Nov. 20, 1952
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1952 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing near the altar (called a bimah) at the synagogue at 1600 W. Myrtle Street, Fort Worth, Texas. There are six young men wearing black robes in the picture and four young women wearing white robes. From left to right, the confirmands pictured are: Front row: Patsy Ansel, Saradel Applebaum (Baker), Diane Solomon (Oberstein), Estaline Tuck (Gilbert). Back row: Burton Rakoover, Tommy Weitzman, Bernard "Bubba" Rubin, Rabbi Isadore Garsek, Jack Lichtman, Marty Bloomberg.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[1932 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

[1932 Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class]

Date: 1932
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1932 Ahavath Sholom confirmation class standing around the altar (called a bimah) of the synagogue located at 823 Taylor Street in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The members of the photograph, from left to right, are: Top row: Sylvia Engler (Roberts), Jesonda Gilbert (Fox), Sadye May Carshon (Garsek), Bessie Resnick, Lillian Rose Rabinowitz (Rosenthal), Rebecca Laves, Pearl Paul, Gussie Kruger, Dorothy Dworkin (Glazer), Sarah Weisblatt (Kragen), Rhoda Kershner. Bottom row: Jennie Moses (Winkler)(teacher), Rabbi Philip Graubart.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: 1960~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's second synagogue, located in the 800 block Taylor Street, Fort Worth, Texas. The synagogue, constructed in 1906 at a cost of $15,000, was a two-story brick building with stained-glass windows, a sanctuary with a balcony for women, and basement classrooms. The Hebrew phrase above the door translates to: "1906 Ahavath Sholom." The congregation worshiped in this synagogue from 1906 to 1951. The building was torn down to create a parking lot.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

Date: 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's fourth synagogue under construction. In the image, only the frame of the synagogue has gone up and there is a crane parked to the right of the building. Construction on the synagogue began in 1979 at the corner of Hulen Street and Briarhaven Road, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: September 1952
Creator: W. D. Smith Commercial Photography
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's third synagogue, located at the intersection of Eighth Avenue and Myrtle Street in Fort Worth, Texas. The $400,000 building, designed by architect Charles O. Chromaster and built by Rambo Construction Co., was completed in the Fall of 1952.The congregation remained at that location until December 1980.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives