You limited your search to:

  Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

Date: 1913~
Creator: Hebrew Institute. Board.
Description: Letterhead stationary for the Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee outlining all the donors for the institute and their monetary contributions. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Field and Clarkson, was constructed between April and August of 1914 in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas at a cost of $14,668. The top left corner of the document shows an architectural drawing of the building.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Sunday School Students]

[Ahavath Sholom Sunday School Students]

Date: 1925
Creator: Jernigan Studios
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation Sunday School students. They are standing on the front steps outside the synagogue in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas. From left to right, top to bottom, the students in the photograph are: Row 1: Betty Carshon, Rachel Kruger, Dora Laves, Lena Rovinsky, Udys Weinstein, Lily Dworkin, Joe Ray Schwartzberg. Row 2: Charlie Anton, Milton Mehl, Arthur Rosenbaum, Charlotte Ray, Lily Levine, Molly Finger, Freda Hurwitz, Rae Carshon, Mary Bliss, Sylvia Shosid. Row 3: Alex Victor, William Hurwitz, Irving Kershman, Julius Scolnic, Mary Resnick, Sophia Blum, Mary Herman, Ida Berg, Beatrice Frankrich, Reva Nebrat, Gertrude Ellis, Raymond Dan. Row 4: Sidney Deutch, David Tuck, Rubin Anton, Norma Resnick, Lily Alpert, Rose Chicotsky, Hannah Chicotsky, Anna Gordon, Martha Daiches. Row 5: Nathan Frankel, Abe Goldstein, Abe Shosid, Paul Herman, Johanna Winer, Sadie Rovinsky, Sarah Garston, Irving Rosenthal. Row 6: Sidney Marks, Minnie Snofsky, Esther Klimist, Rebecca Lutsky, David Bernstein, Max Perlman, Sarah Kruger, Rosalie Bliss. Row 7: Morris Schwartz, Grace Dworkin, Lola Bozokofsky, Hyman Jacobson, Cecil Bozokofsky, Helen Kassover, Sonia Gulila, Sam Weisblatt, Florence Kassover, Patricia Jacobson.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Minutes]

[Ahavath Sholom Minutes]

Date: October 6, 1895
Creator: Levenson, Ben
Description: Handwritten list of the thirty one members of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation in 1895 in Fort Worth, Texas. The front of the document lists the members of the congregation, and the back of the document lists the officers. When the list was created, Ahavath Sholom was the only synagogue in Fort Worth.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Yiddish Minutes]

[Yiddish Minutes]

Date: October 6, 1895
Creator: Levenson, Ben
Description: Handwritten minutes for the Ahavath Sholom Congregation in Fort Worth, Texas. The minutes are written in Yiddish, the native tongue of the members. The minutes discuss a legal dispute with a "chazzan," or a prayer leader who sued the congregation.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Yiddish Minutes]

[Yiddish Minutes]

Date: January 12, 1896
Creator: Levenson, Ben
Description: Handwritten minutes for the Ahavath Sholom Congregation in Fort Worth, Texas. The minutes are written in Yiddish, the native tongue of the members. The document discusses the Sabbath morning services for the congregation.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[George Marshall's Sympathy Card]

[George Marshall's Sympathy Card]

Date: 1945
Creator: Marshall, George C. (George Catlett), 1880-1959
Description: A letter from General George C. Marshall, the United States Army Chief of Staff, expressing his condolences for the death of an unidentified soldier. The text reads: "General Marshall extends his deep sympathy in your bereavement. Your son fought valiantly in a supreme hour of his country's need. His memory will live in the grateful heart of our nation."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Letter to Ahavath Sholom]

[Letter to Ahavath Sholom]

Date: November 11, 1930
Creator: Mehl, B. Max
Description: Typed letter from B. Max Mehl to the Ahavath Sholom Congregation. In the letter, Mehl responds to a dues statement sent to him from the congregation. The letter is requesting a corrected dues statement due to the congregation overcharging Mehl. The stationery includes a colored illustration at the top of the page that says, "Importer of and Dealer in Rare Coins, Medals, and Paper Money of all Countries and Periods"
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ladies Cemetery Society Minutes]

[Ladies Cemetery Society Minutes]

Date: January 16, 1945
Creator: Mehl, Mrs. I. N.
Description: Handwritten minutes for the Ladies Cemetery Society commenting on the death of Private Harold Gilbert, the son of the society's recording secretary, Rose Gilbert. The text notes: “The absence of the secretary ...who had the misfortune of losing her son, Harold, Dec. 25, 1944, in the European Theater of the war, made the meeting a sad one; each and every one of the members present were in tears.” On the second page of the minutes, the group’s long-time president Mrs. Becky Goldstein recalls how she and Mrs. Gilbert used to “go out to collect dues at 25 cents each. Mrs. Gilbert furnished the horse and buggy.”
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue]

Date: 1980
Creator: Photo by David Luskey
Description: Congregation Ahavath Sholom's fourth synagogue, designed by architect Martin Growald, constructed by contractor Perry McCord and completed in December 1980. The $3.5 million synagogue was located on 12 acres at the corner of Hulen Street and Briarhaven Road. The photograph is taken at night time, and there are lights shining on the building's white stone facade. The words "Congregation Ahavath Sholom" and the congregation's logo are on the exterior of the building.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

[Ahavath Sholom Synagogue Construction]

Date: 1979
Creator: Photo by David Luskey
Description: Photograph of the Ahavath Sholom Congregation's fourth synagogue under construction. In the image, only the frame of the synagogue has gone up and there is a crane parked to the right of the building. Construction on the synagogue began in 1979 at the corner of Hulen Street and Briarhaven Road, in Fort Worth, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives