You limited your search to:

  Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Jewish Federation of Fort Worth Division Leaders]

[Jewish Federation of Fort Worth Division Leaders]

Date: 1950~
Creator: Stroyeck, William K.
Description: Photograph of the Women's Division Leaders of the Jewish Federation of Fort Worth, Texas. The women are gathered in the parlor of the Beth-El Congregation, 207 W. Broadway Ave. From left to right, the women pictured are: Sophia Miller, Ida Lipshitz, Eli Fahn (the executive director), Ella Brachman, Hannah Sandler, Marion Lederman, Sarah Brachman (seated).
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

[Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee]

Date: 1913~
Creator: Hebrew Institute. Board.
Description: Letterhead stationary for the Hebrew Institute Building Fund Committee outlining all the donors for the institute and their monetary contributions. The building, designed by the architectural firm of Field and Clarkson, was constructed between April and August of 1914 in the 800 block of Taylor Street in Fort Worth, Texas at a cost of $14,668. The top left corner of the document shows an architectural drawing of the building.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate]

[Sample Jewish Marriage Certificate]

Date: 1990
Creator: Rabbinical Assembly
Description: Sample marriage certificate (called a Ketubah) presented to couples married at the Congregation Ahavath Sholom in Fort Worth, Texas as of 1990. The certificate includes three panels. On the far left, text primarily in English describes the vows of marriage. In the center, the main text of the certificate is in Hebrew with blanks for specific information; the text is surrounded by illustrations of plants and crops. On the far right there are lines for names and signatures of participants and witnesses. This form was designed by the Rabbinical Assembly (an organization of American Conservative rabbis).
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Salsberg-Fox Wedding]

[Salsberg-Fox Wedding]

Date: January 16, 1916
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1916 wedding of Gertrude Fox and Archie Salsberg on the altar at Congregation Ahavath Sholom's synagogue in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The bride and groom stand in the center of the photograph, surrounded by men wearing tuxedos and top hats and women wearing silk and taffeta dresses. Above the bridal party is a wedding canopy (called a Chuppah in Hebrew). It takes the shape of an arbor covered with flowers and crepe paper resembling wedding bells. Above the arbor there is a ledge containing two tablets inscribed with the Ten Commandments, written in Hebrew, with a potted plant and sculpted lion on either side. A large portion of the lower-right corner of the photograph is missing.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Portrait of Gertrude Fox]

[Portrait of Gertrude Fox]

Date: 1916~
Creator: unknown
Description: Hand-tinted, engagement photograph of Gertrude "Gertie" Fox (1894-1966) of Fort Worth, Texas. She is visible from the chest up, wearing a dark evening gown with rosettes at the left shoulder. She holds a feathered fan in front of her. Fox was from Corsicana and moved to Fort Worth in 1916 when she married Archie Salsberg.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Book Fair Poster 1979]

[Book Fair Poster 1979]

Date: 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Poster for the annual book fair sponsored by the Fort Worth, Texas section of the National Council of Jewish Women, as noted on the front of the poster. The full poster text reads: "THE 21st YEAR BOOK FAIR, MARCH 11 - MARCH 19, At the Lena Pope Home, corner of Hulen and West Freeway (I-20). Sponsored by Ft. Worth Section of the NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN. All kinds of books for sale at nominal prices, proceeds for TARRANT COUNTY COMMUNITY PROJECT. Deposit your used books in barrels located throughout the city."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Book Fair Poster 1965]

[Book Fair Poster 1965]

Date: 1965
Creator: unknown
Description: Poster for the annual book fair "sponsored by the Council of Jewish Women," as noted on the front on the poster. Full poster text reads: "Book Fair, Give your Books Now to be Sold at Nominal Prices at the BOOK FAIR, APRIL 3 thru 11, SEMINARY SOUTH SHOPPING Center. PHONE WA3-7495 for FREE PICK-UP. PROCEEDS TO BENEFIT TARRANT COUNTY Youth Projects."
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[1921 Ahavath Sholom's First Confirmation Class]

[1921 Ahavath Sholom's First Confirmation Class]

Date: 1921~
Creator: unknown
Description: In 1921, Fort Worth’s Congregation Ahavath Sholom introduced the rite of Confirmation, the graduation from religious school that coincides with the Jewish holiday Shavuos when Moses received the Ten Commandments. This picture shows the twelve, 14-year-old girls in the Confirmation class wearing white dresses, holding flowers and certificates rolled up like scrolls. The students are seated in two rows and are identified as: Row 1: Lena Shosid (Cooles), Fannie Herman, unidentified, Hannah Byrens, Bess Lipshitz (Cohen), unidentified Row 2: Sarah Shosid (Bloomberg), unidentified, unidentified, Leah Goldstein (Gerson), unidentified, unidentified An article in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram of June 3, 1921, named each confirmand and also listed Dorothy Cohen, Rose Weinstein, Bertha Mosier, Ida Mosier, Edna Lipshy, and Esther Ablon. Each confirmand addressed the congregation. They completed a course of study in Jewish history, religion and literature.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Confirmation Invitation for Ahavath Sholom, 1991]

[Confirmation Invitation for Ahavath Sholom, 1991]

Date: May 19, 1991
Creator: Congregation Ahavath Sholom
Description: Invitation for the confirmation exercises for the 1991 class of Ahavath Sholom synagogue, including a list of confirmands.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives
[Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1968]

[Congregation Ahavath Sholom Confirmation Class, 1968]

Date: May 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1968 confirmation class at Congregation Ahavath Sholom. There are seven girls wearing white robes and six boys wearing dark robes with bow ties. Rabbi Isadore Garsek stands at the far right in the first row, while Cantor Shimon Berris stands at the far left of the first row. The students are Barbi Garsek, Ava Fleischmann, Debbie Goodwin, Judith Beckoff, Linda Rice, Rene Moses, Lynn Fishbein, Mark Lidell, Henry Wolff, Tommy Sankary, Thomas Paul, Murray Cohen, and Steve Robinson.
Contributing Partner: Fort Worth Jewish Archives